The Emporio Hotel & Residences Cancun opened in April 2018 and is the first hotel in its chain to be built from the ground up. The hotel is located on the waterfront of Hotel Zone and offers a modern take on traditional Mexican architecture. Emporio Hotels are known for their cool-kid vibes, urban loft style, and fusion of millennial pink, black, and white that’s not too girly but not too edgy either. They offer a fresh take on old favorites with unrivaled customer service and social events at all properties. You can read my official review below or continue reading for more insider information including tips, tricks, and everything else you need to know before you book your stay at Emporio Cancun.
Awards and Recognition
Emporio Cancun was named one of the Best New Hotels in Mexico by Condé Nast Traveler in 2019.
Best season to visit
The best time to visit Cancun is between November and May. During this time, there are fewer tourists and the weather is warm with temperatures averaging between 75ºF and 91ºF.During the rainy season from May to October, temperatures are more moderate and there is less chance of being affected by hurricanes. However, the area experiences more precipitation and a higher chance of flooding.
Rooms & Services Available
- Beach: Emporio Cancun is located right on the beach in Hotel Zone which means you can step outside your room and be in the sand in seconds. Even though it is located in a more developed part of Hotel Zone, it is still close to the sand and offers chair and towel service.
- Pool: The rooftop pool and bar at Emporio Cancun are one of the highlights of the hotel and a great place to meet other travelers. You can also rent a cabana for the day.
- Rooms: Rooms at Emporio Cancun are a modern take on traditional Mexican architecture with accents of pink, black, and white. They feature a large terrace with outdoor seating, a dining table, full outdoor shower, and a “beach-bag” closet.
- Dining: The food at Emporio Cancun is a highlight, including the tacos and guacamole at the on-site taqueria and the “healthy Mexican” at the main restaurant. - Amenities: The Cancun hotel has a host of amenities and an on-site social host at the weekends. There is also a salon, spa, and gym.
Things to be aware of
- Hotel Zone is the most touristy part of Cancun and has the largest concentration of nightclubs and bars. If you are looking for a more quiet or authentic Cancun experience, it is best to stay outside Hotel Zone.
- While the Emporio Cancun is extremely convenient to the beach and the city, they do not offer transportation to other parts of Cancun. You will need to either take taxis or rent a car or scooter.
- The rooftop pool and bar are a highlight of the hotel, but at peak times, it can get very busy and loud with the DJ and people talking. If you want a quieter experience, it is best to visit outside of these times.
- If you are looking for a more upscale or traditional experience, Emporio Cancun is probably not for you.
Pros and Cons
- Great location in Hotel Zone, rooftop pool, trendy vibes, modern rooms, lots of amenities, yoga, social events
- Not the most authentic experience, some areas can be noisy, rooftop pool can get very busy
The Pros certainly outweigh the Cons and make Emporio Cancun one of the best new hotels in Cancun. If you are looking for a more authentic or quieter experience, you might want to look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a more modern and trendy hotel, Emporio Cancun is the perfect choice.
Address: Blvd. Kukulcan, Manzana 50, Lote 7, Zona Hotelera, 77500, Cancun, QR, Mexico - Neighborhood: Hotel Zone - Nearby landmarks: Las Ventanas al Parque, Cancun Convention Center, Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
The Emporio Hotel & Residences Cancun is a brand-new hotel in Cancun and the first to be built from the ground up. It is the first hotel in its chain to be built from the ground up. The hotel is located on the waterfront of Hotel Zone and offers a modern take on traditional Mexican architecture. The rooftop pool and bar are a highlight of the hotel and a great place to meet other travelers. The food at Emporio Cancun is a highlight, including the tacos and guacamole at the on-site taqueria and the “healthy Mexican” at the main restaurant. If you are looking for a more modern and trendy hotel, Emporio Cancun is the perfect choice.