Stay at a hotel with so much character that you feel like you’ve entered a storybook. At the Cocos Hotel Antigua, guests can explore hidden passageways, uncover secret gardens, and spy on hummingbirds in their natural habitat. This boutique hotel has all the modern amenities and comforts of home, but still feels like a relic from another time. The historic 19th century mansion is filled with artifacts that date back to colonial times; there are even old photos of the original owners as children. Guests can also find hidden chambers with hidden codes and puzzles as well as secret tunnels leading to other buildings (which are now part of the hotel). If you’re looking for an adults-only vacation spot bursting with romance and intrigue, this is it!
A Sense of History
The Cocos Hotel was originally built in 1872 as a mansion for a sugar cane plantation owner who wanted to expand his family’s business. The mansion was built in neoclassical architectural style with imported materials – including ornate ironwork, hand-hewn beams, and marble staircases. The original owner’s daughter, Laura, lived in the mansion until she died at the age of 96. Laura had no children, so she left the mansion and surrounding land to the Dominican government. The government used the property as a rehabilitation clinic for the mentally ill. In the 1950s, the government decided to close the clinic and sell the property. It was then that the mansion was purchased by the current owners, the Cocos family. The Cocos family has lovingly preserved the property and its original character. As a result, guests can see and experience what life was like in the 19th century. The Cocos Hotel is also an ideal place to hold historical and cultural events. The hotel has hosted academic conferences, weddings, and other special functions.
Awards and Recognition
The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only has been recognized by many publications and travel guides. It was listed as one of the top 10 hotels in Central America by TripAdvisor in 2017. The hotel has also been featured in many magazines and travel guides, including National Geographic. The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only was also included in the list of 7 best hotels in Antigua by Conde Nast Traveler. It was also included in the list of 9 best hotels in Guatemala by Travel and Leisure. The hotel also received recognition from the government of Antigua. The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only received the “Preservation Award” from the United Nations’ World Heritage in 2008.
Best Season to Visit
The tropical climate in Antigua makes it a fantastic destination year-round. There are high temperatures (averaging around 30˚C/86˚F) with low humidity. Rainfall is rare and light, with most falling during the months of February through April. The rainy season lasts for about two months, and the rest of the year is optimal for exploring the city and its nearby attractions. The best times to visit are between December and April, when the weather is dry and temperatures are at their warmest. December is a great time to visit Antigua because of the annual Christmas celebration. The city hosts special events and activities, including a Christmas parade and fireworks.
The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only has a total of 24 rooms. There are four types of rooms available at the hotel: Standard Room, Superior Room, Deluxe Room, and the Luxury Room. All rooms are equipped with modern amenities and comforts like air conditioning, internet access, cable TV, and a mini-bar. The Standard Room is a great choice for budget-conscious travellers looking to experience the magic of the Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only at an affordable price. It features a private bathroom, a queen-sized bed, a mini-bar, cable TV, and free internet access. The room is perfect for a couple or a single traveller. The Superior Room has a similar layout to the Standard Room, with some added perks like a larger bathroom and a view of the Cocos Hotel’s gardens. It is spacious and ideal for groups of friends or families. The Deluxe Room has a bit more space and additional amenities like a Jacuzzi tub, fresh flowers, and a private balcony. The Luxury Room is the most luxurious room at the hotel. It features high-end furnishings and furnishings and an exclusive entrance to the hotel. This room is ideal for couples looking for a special experience.
The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only offers an all-inclusive dining experience with a menu that changes daily. Guests can enjoy a variety of dishes from all over the world, including Italian, Asian, and Caribbean cuisine. There is also a special menu for children. The dining room is on the second floor, with windows that overlook the hotel’s lush gardens. There is an outdoor patio as well, which is a great place to relax and take in fresh air while dining.
Rooms & Services Available
Other Activities and Amenities
- Gardens - The hotel’s gardens are sprawling and filled with tropical plants, flowers, and trees. There is also a large fountain that is a popular spot for guests to relax.
- Architecture - The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only is an architectural wonder. Guests can explore the hotel and its passageways, uncover secret rooms and gardens, and discover hidden architectural treasures.
- Art Gallery - The hotel’s art gallery has a collection of paintings and sculptures by Central American artists.
- Internet Cafe - The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only has a computer room with internet access.
- Rooms and Suites - There are a variety of rooms and suites to accommodate different travel needs and sizes.
The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only is located in Antigua, Guatemala. Guatemala is a Central American country bordered by Mexico to the north and west, Honduras to the east, and El Salvador and Nicaragua to the southeast. Guatemala City - The capital is the country’s largest city and is the hub for travel to the rest of the country. Many airlines have regular flights between major cities, including New York City, Miami, Houston, Dallas, and Los Angeles. Antigua - Antigua is nestled in the central highlands region of the country and is a great place to base yourself if you want to explore the rest of the country. Antigua’s international airport has direct flights to major cities in the United States, Central and South America, as well as Europe.
Pros & cons
- The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only is a refuge from daily life. It transports guests back to an earlier era when life was slower and more simple. It is the perfect place to relax and unwind from the stresses of modern life.
- The hotel is great for couples and solo travellers, with an all-inclusive package that includes drinks and meals. Guests also have the option to pay per person or per room.
- There are many activities to do within the hotel grounds, from exploring the architecture to relaxing in the gardens.
- The hotel is conveniently located in the city of Antigua, which is a great base for exploring other nearby attractions and destinations.
- There is no language barrier in Guatemala, as English is widely spoken.
- There are many travel deals to Guatemala, making it an affordable destination.
- The hotel is located in a city that can be a little dangerous at times. Guests should keep their belongings secure and be aware of their surroundings when exploring outside the hotel.
The Cocos Hotel Antigua - All Inclusive - Adults Only is an excellent choice for travellers looking for an affordable luxury experience. It blends the charm of an old-world hotel with modern amenities and comforts, making it a great place for any traveller. You can rest easy knowing that with the all-inclusive package, you will not spend a penny on meals or drinks. This is the ideal place to unwind, relax, and explore the wonders of Central America!