Known for its rich cultural heritage and pristine rainforest, Hawaii is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. It has picture-perfect beaches, incredible nightlife, local delicacies, and magnificent sceneries. Hawaii is a family-friendly location where there is an activity that each person would find intriguing.
Honeymooners and couples will find Hawaii interesting with its perfect lover's atmosphere. To sweeten the trip, there are many adults-only resorts in Hawaii. Some resorts offer all-inclusive adults-only Hawaii packages that help people make the most of their vacation. One of the luxury adults only in Hawaii is the Mauna Lani Auberge Resorts collection.
Mauna Lani, Auberge resorts collection History
Throwback to the 70s, the Mauna Lani was just a relaxation spot where Elvis Presley and his friends hung out. However, by 2018, Auberge resorts bought the business and spent a fortune renovating it. The Mauna Lani, Auberge resorts collection officially opened on 15th January, 2020.
Mauna Lani Auberge resorts collection today, is a gorgeous setting with a relaxing natural atmosphere. The room we stayed in, was spacious, clean, and had modern amenities. We were also able to view the mesmerizing surrounding areas from the balcony unbridled. The resort gives off a laid-back vibe where you can rest easily, away from the usual busy work days.
What Awards Does It Have?
After its renovation from 2018 to 2020, the Mauna Lani, Auberge resorts collection gained recognition from several famous industries. The AHEAD Awards presented the best Hotel Renovation project, Design award, and hospitality in 2020.
The other recognition won by the Mauna Lani Auberge resorts include;
- 2oth February 2020 — the resort appeared in the list of the world's best new and renovated resorts
- 5th May 2020 — Mauna Lani made the Hot list of the Condé Nast traveler 2020, which comprised the best new hotels and resorts
- 7th June 2020 — The resort got included in the first annual great designs award of the Architectural Digest
- 28th July 2020 — Mauna Lani's two Golf courses gained more recognition as they moved up the Golfweek's list of the best courses you can play in Hawaii
When Is the Best Time to Visit the Resort?
The best time to visit the resort is in summer. That is because the resort gives plenty of discounts, and securing space is easier. Summer is the low season in Hawaii when there is plenty of rainfall and sunny days. Since the weather during that time is not right for outdoor activities, tourists steer clear. For instance, you can get up to 35% off for the second guest room, while the first room booked at a regular price.
Rooms & Services Available
Mauna Lani has several facilities for their guests to enjoy their stay. Some of them are:
- Fitness room
- Spa and massage room
- Tennis court, Golf court
- Smoking area
- Luggage storage
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Babysitting services
- Meeting room
- Hairdressing and beauty center
- Airport shuttle service
- Interconnected rooms (the best option for families with kids)
- Dog/Pet Friendly
- Children Activities (Family Friendly)
How To Get There
From Kona Airport, you can get to the Mauna Lani Auberge resorts collection by taxi or bus. Boarding a bus cost around $2 and it takes about 51 minutes to get to the Mauna Lani. If you want to get to the resort faster, take a taxi. The taxi charter will cost you around $95 and it takes 32 minutes to reach Mauna Lani.
Pros of Mauna Lani Auberge resorts collection
The Mauna Lani has several high-tech amenities, set up for the satisfaction of its clients.
- The resort gives you access to enjoy the views of the blue clean waters and mountains
- Mauna Lani staff are cheerful, polite, and ever-ready to welcome you
- A lot of family-friendly activities
- You can enjoy a celebration of Turtle independence day
Cons of Mauna Lani Auberge Resorts collection
- Securing accommodation can be tedious if you don't book ahead
- The Mauna Lani bungalows are pricey.
- You have to pay an extra fee for babysitting services.
- Paid public parking.
When talking about near-perfect resorts, Mauna Lani fits the description. The problems tourists usually have is the cost of using the resort's services and securing spaces. Don`t worry, you will get the value of your money. Also, if you book your room in advance, you should have no issues securing a space.
May makes it the third time I have been to the Mauna Lani Auberge resorts collection, and my experience so far is out of the world. From their polite and resourceful staff to the spacious rooms with great views, each visit turned out better than the previous.