Belize is a beautiful destination for a family vacation or some romantic time with your partner. The majestic views of this Central American country make it one of the region's top tourist destinations. Belize is home to evergreen forests, exotic wildlife, gorgeous coral reefs, and much more. Overall, if you are someone who travels to stay close to nature, it is an excellent place to make the vacation time with your loved ones worth it.
Cayo Espanto, known for its dynamic views, is a private island off the Belize coast situated almost 450 kilometers from the Belize Barrier Reef. Staying at the Caya Espanto will allow you to discover the beauty of the tropical islands, appreciate nature and enjoy the large variety of water activities they offer. For adventure lovers, they have jungle safaris, private cruises, and scuba diving to keep their spirits high. Moreover, you can enjoy excellent quality food prepared fresh in their restaurants.
The five-star island resort is known for providing luxury to its guests. You get a wooden villa decorated with the finest quality furniture and intricate details, with a magnificent view of the island. Once you book a villa, you get a houseman at your service, a private pool to plunge in, or if you wish you can just relax on a hammock. The resort offers personalized food options for which they send a questionnaire to their guest prior to their arrival.
Cayo Espanto, to no surprise, is a holder and nominee of several awards in the hotel and resort industry. The five-star resort holds the following:
- Belize's Leading Resort Award 2006, 2007, 2008, 2020.
- Belize's Leading Spa Resort 2005, 2010,2012, 2013, 2015.
- World Culinary Awards: Belize’s Best Hotel Restaurant — 2021.
- Caribbean Wedding Industry Awards — Caribbean Honeymoon Resort of the Year for Belize — 2018.
Best Time to Visit Cayo Espanto
Cayo Espanto has pleasant weather all year round so you can plan a vacation according to your preference. You need to make a reservation ahead of time to get a villa, as you will find tourists at all times of the year. The temperature remains between 23 - 30 degrees Celsius (73,4 F - 86 F), so it is never too hot or cold.
To reserve a villa for yourself, you can fill in the reservation availability form, and a representative will get back to you. The prices fluctuate and go higher during weekends and other holidays like Christmas and Easter, so if you have a budget, try to schedule on weekdays. You can look up different travel deals online to find the best price.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities Provided by Cayo Espanto
You will have an extravagant vacation by spending on your visit to Cayo Espanto. Everything you will get there will make you feel like a royal highness. Some of the top amenities you get include:
- Free, high-speed internet to help you share your experience with the world.
- Meals cooked by award-winning chefs.
- A houseman at your service 24/7.
- Private Pool.
- Airport Transportation.
- Turkish bathrobes and Egyptian cotton bedding.
Getting To Cayo Espanto
To get to Cayo Espanto, you need to reach the San Pedro Airport after reaching Belize. From San Pedro, you can rent a boat that will drop you off on the island. The other option is to avail the transport facility provided by the resort, which will pick you up from the airport and transport you to your destination.
Pros Of Staying at Cayo Espanto
Cayo Espanto provides a one-of-a-kind experience to its guests, which sets it apart from other resorts in Belize. Some of the notable benefits of staying at Cayo Espanto are:
- Seclusion from the outside noisy world-These overwater bungalows of Belize provides a private getaway from the world, allowing you to relax with your loved ones and forget your troubles.
- No troubles finding good food- the award-winning chefs of Cayo Espanto make delicious quality food, all made keeping in mind your food preferences. This way, you will always feel at home.
- The resort management helps you plan excursions to San Pedro and the evergreen sites near the resort. This way, you don’t have to spend time planning the activities to do on the trip.
- All the experiences are personalized according to your preferences.
- Free transfer from/to the airport.
Cons Of Staying at Cayo Espanto
- It may get expensive if you are on a budget as the resort costs a lot. You have to pay additional charges for other experiences such as snorkeling, scuba diving, etc.
- The island is not located on the main shoreline of the Caribbean Sea.
The Overall Experience
Staying in Cayo Espanto is like living a dream life for a few days. The grandeur of the experience makes the money spent worth it. So, if you have been saving up for your vacation near the Caribbean, Cayo Espanto is one of the best private getaways to rejuvenate.