The Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort is a property you should consider if you wish to vacation in stunning Moorea, the second-largest in French Polynesia. This serene paradise is full of flora and fauna, making it a blissful destination for newlyweds, couples, families, and those who just want their private time in paradise.
If you're an outdoors person, you can do plenty on this island, from hiking its trails that sweep through the rainforest and on Mount Tohivea's slopes. Moreover, if you like to relax, you can kick back on its white sandy beaches on Ōpūnohu Bay. You can also go snorkeling in its lagoon-type waters or even take part in water sports like jet skiing and kayaking.
Moreover, if you're looking for somewhere to stay in Moorea, you might want to check out the Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort. This resort is ideal for people who love great views, as it sits right over a bright blue clear lagoon with green mountains. The resort has the longest beach on the island and a protected marine area around it.
It has around 110 bungalows, 38 on the water, 11 beaches, 9 lagoons, 1 luxury villa, and around 50 bungalows in its garden. The Sofitel also has two stunning restaurants, the ideal intimate and romantic setting for couples. Ultimately, the Sofitel is a chic luxury resort that's mesmerizing if you like to relax.
While there are many reasons you should visit the Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach resort, one that cannot be skipped is their awards. Since its opening, this stunning luxury destination has received many awards and been nominated for several. In particular, this destination has received the following awards:
- Oceania's leading beach resort 2019 - 2022
- French Polynesia's Leading Luxury Hotel Villa 2017 - 2022
- French Polynesia's Leading resort 2010 - 2013
- Australasia's leading beach resort 2013
Best Time to Book
The best time to visit the Sofitel can vary based on the year. Typically, the weather is hot all year round; there's no cold season, so to say. To gain a greater idea, here is a break down of certain months you can visit:
- March - May: Between these months is the fall season in Moorea. If you're looking for less tourists in the resort, this is a good time to go as tourism is slow. Similarly, there's more of a chance you might discover deals for the resort and attractions. The average temperature ranges between 89.1°F (31.7°C) and 86.8°F.
- June - August: This is the winter season and is seen as the second busiest time for tourism in Moorea. The temperatures are more comfortable during this time, and accommodation tends to be costlier.
- September - November: In these spring months, the temperatures range between 87.6°F (30.9°C) and 84.5°F (29.2°C); they typically feel good as they have good humidity and wind. Tourism in this time tends to be slow, the resorts like the Sofitel tend to have better rates.
- December - February: This is known as the summer season and is the busiest time for tourists. The temperatures for this season tend to be 88.7°F (31.5°C) and 87.4°F.
Rooms & Services Available
In general, all types of accommodation at the Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort come with air conditioning, mini-bar, hair dryer, flat-screen TVs, daybed, telephone, ironing amenities and flat-screen tv. Alongside this, they also have an outdoor pool, tennis court, badminton court, volleyball court, golf course, outdoor pool, and more.
You can get to the Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Beach Resort by plane, ferry, car, or bus. If you're to fly, you must leave with Air Tahiti from Papeete, which takes around 15 minutes, covering about 18km in the distance. The ferry takes 36 minutes, and the car or bus takes approximately 1 hour.
There are advantages to staying at the resort, such as:
- They have a lot of activities like kayaking, snorkeling, canoes, paddle boarding, and paddle boats
- Their resort overlooks the ocean and a private beach
- All their bungalows are made from natural materials
- Two in-resort dining options
- Based in a quiet location
The disadvantages of staying here are the following:
- The resort does not have a gym
- Some guests have complained the beach chairs were damaged
If you're interested in staying in Moorea, you should try staying at the Sofitel. This is a resort that has won numerous awards for being the best one in French Polynesia for a lot of years. It's truly a luxury destination with its private beach overlooking the ocean. Because of this, it's quiet and peaceful to stay in. To know how good it is, try to stay in one of their bungalows on the water or the island.