Hotel Belo Isla Mujeres is the newest member of the Hotel Belo family, which also includes properties in Costa Rica and Brasil. The beautiful new resort caters to a slightly older clientele who enjoy exploring the natural world and taking part in eco-tourism activities. It’s also perfect for couples looking for adult-only accommodations on the Mayan Riviera. Let’s take a look at what makes this hotel so special. This gated community of bungalows is perfect if you want to get away from it all without being too isolated. It’s located right next to the famous Blue Angel Beach on Isla Mujeres, which is also known as “Women Island” due to its reputation as an ideal honeymoon destination thanks to its unspoiled beaches and romantic hotels.
Awards and Recognition
As you can see from the review, Belo Isla Mujeres is a truly special place, and it has received a number of awards to prove it. Most recently, it was named the best mid-priced all-inclusive resort in Mexico, and it also won for Best All-Inclusive Luxury Resort in Mexico. The hotel was also recognized for Best Honeymoon Destination and Best All-Inclusive Resort with Spa. These awards speak to the high quality of service, food, and facilities that are present at this resort and make it a great destination for any type of traveller. It also won the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Award in the Luxury Hotel category, and the readers of Condé Nast Traveler named it the Best Resort in the Caribbean and Central America in 2018. It was also chosen as the Best Hotel in Mexico and the Best Hotel in the Riviera Maya on TripAdvisor in 2018. These awards and accolades prove that Belo Isla Mujeres is a truly special hotel that deserves to be at the top of your list if you’re considering a vacation on the Mayan Riviera.
Best season to visit
Belo Isla Mujeres is an all-year-round destination, but it does see more visitors from May to October, the high season for vacationing on the Mayan Riviera. April and November are shoulder months, and the weather is still fairly warm. May to October is also the best time of year for whale watching and other marine life spotting. If you are looking for a quiet vacation with not many other tourists around, you may want to consider visiting in the winter months of November to February. However, the weather is a bit cooler and more humid, so you may want to bring a few extra sweaters.
Rooms & Services Available
The hotel is home to a variety of amazing activities and amenities that are sure to make your stay here memorable. Let’s take a look at the top attractions and activities at Belo Isla Mujeres.
- An Eco-Friendly Design: One of the most attractive features of this hotel is the eco-friendly design. The architecture is modern and elegant, but the buildings are constructed with sustainable materials like wood and stone. There are also plenty of lush gardens and potted plants that help to keep the air clean and fresh.
- A Variety of Excursions: If you want to go on a trip but don’t want to leave the hotel, you can take part in a number of excursions. There are tours of the nearby Mayan ruins, snorkelling trips around the cayes, fishing charters, and much more.
- The Spa: This is a perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day of exploring the Mayan ruins and trying new activities. The spa has a wide variety of treatments and services, including facials, body wraps, foot and hand scrubs, aromatherapy, and more.
- Kids' Club: This is a great place for families, especially those with younger children. The Kids Club is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every day and is staffed by trained childminders who can keep your little ones occupied and happy while you take advantage of the amenities.
- A unique location on Isla Mujeres: If you’re looking for a place that is away from the hustle and bustle of Cancun and Playa del Carmen, but is still close to the Mayan ruins and other sights, then Belo Isla Mujeres is the perfect choice. This island is a calm and peaceful place that has a reputation as an eco-friendly and sustainable tourism destination. It’s an especially great choice for anyone who is interested in aquatic life, as there are many cayes that are teeming with marine life.
- Comfortable and spacious accommodations: The rooms at Belo Isla Mujeres are some of the most spacious and comfortable you will find at any all-inclusive resort in the Mayan Riviera. There is plenty of room to move around and stretch out, and they have modern and elegant décor, as well as plenty of natural light from the large windows. There are also plenty of amenities in the rooms, including mini-bars, robes, and slippers, among other items.
- A variety of delicious, healthy meals: There is a wide variety of delicious, healthy meals at the buffet-style restaurants and a la carte eateries that are part of this hotel. There are plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes on the menu, and they cater to guests with special dietary requirements, such as those who are gluten-free or lactose-intolerant.
- Off-site activities and excursions: If you’re someone who likes to see and do everything at one destination, Belo Isla Mujeres may not be the best choice for you. While it does have a wide variety of activities and excursions onsite, there are also plenty of trips that depart from the mainland.
- Lack of nightlife: If you like to party all night long, Belo Isla Mujeres is probably not the best place for you. While it does have a few bars and lounges, there is no real nightlife onsite and most people go to bed early.
- A bit more expensive than other nearby resorts: While Belo Isla Mujeres is certainly a luxurious and all-inclusive resort, it is a bit more expensive than other nearby properties. You can get a better deal by booking a stay in one of the many hotels in Playa del Carmen or Cancun.
What to Expect During Your Stay
Visitors to this resort enjoy a wide variety of activities and excursions, as well as relaxing by the pool or on the beach. There are plenty of shaded areas where you can lounge in a hammock or enjoy a massage, and there is always water nearby, even if you just want to take a quick dip to cool off in the hot and humid weather. The Mayan ruins are a popular day trip from this location, and you can also go on a snorkelling trip to visit some nearby cayes where there are plenty of marine animals to see. You can also go on a fishing trip or take a trip to see the whales.
The closest airport to Belo Isla Mujeres is the Adolfo López Mateos International Airport (CUN) in Cancun. It’s approximately a 30-minute drive to the hotel. If you want to save some money on transportation, you can take a public shuttle from the airport to the hotel, which costs around $15. Alternatively, you can grab a taxi, which will cost around $50. You can also choose to hire a private transfer, which will cost between $40 and $70. This is a great option if you have lots of bags or you are travelling with a large group, as there will be no cut-offs or stops for other travellers.
If you are looking for a place to go where you can relax, unwind, and do as little or as much as you want, Belo Isla Mujeres is a great choice. It’s a charming, elegant, and relaxed resort that is perfect for couples, solo travellers, families with kids, and groups of adult friends. If you’re looking for a place to escape and unwind, this is the place to go.