Mohegan Sun Pocono is a casino and hotel complex located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The casino is owned and operated by the Mohegan Tribe of Connecticut, and it’s the largest casino in North America. Mohegan Sun Pocono has over 2,300 slot machines and 100 table games, as well as a poker room, bingo hall, and race track. The complex also includes a hotel with over 500 rooms, a spa, and several restaurants. In this Mohegan Sun Pocono review, we’ll take a look at the casino, the hotel, and the restaurants. We’ll also give you some tips on how to make the most of your visit to Mohegan Sun Pocono.
Mohegan Sun Pocono is one of the largest casinos in the world. It’s also the largest casino in North America, and it’s located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The Mohegan Tribe owns and operates the casino, and it’s open all year round. While Mohegan Sun Pocono is primarily a casino and hotel complex, it also offers several on-site amenities, including an indoor race track, a spa, and several restaurants. The complex is located just off I-81, making it easy to access, and it’s a short drive from Scranton, PA, and the PA/NJ border.
Awards and Recognition
Mohegan Sun Pocono has won several awards for being both an incredible casino and an incredible hotel. It’s won awards from both Casino Player magazine and Travel and Leisure magazine. The casino also received one of the Top 10 Casino Spa awards from SpaFinder. The complex has been named one of the top 10 casinos in the US by Casino Player magazine, as well as one of the top 10 casino hotels in the US by Casino Player magazine.
Best season to visit
The best season to visit Mohegan Sun Pocono is any time of the year, but with the exception of a couple of months in the winter. There are no special events at the casino, and it’s open year-round. The only time of year when the casino may be less busy is in January, February, and March, as these are the months with the least amount of tourism in the Northeast.
Rooms & Services Available
- The Casino: The casino at Mohegan Sun Pocono is one of the largest casinos in the world. It has over 2,300 slot machines and 100 table games. There are also several poker and bingo rooms, as well as a race track.
- The Hotel: Mohegan Sun Pocono also includes a 400-room hotel. The rooms have great views of the surrounding area, as well as the casino. There are several amenities inside the hotel, including a spa, several restaurants, and a casino.
- The Spa: The casino also has its own full-service spa. It offers a variety of spa treatments, including massages, facials, manicures, and pedicures. The spa also has several treatment rooms, as well as a sauna, a juice bar, and a steam room.
- The Restaurants: The casino’s restaurants are among the best in the complex. They include a steakhouse, a farm-to-table restaurant, a brewery, a sushi bar, and an Italian restaurant.
The Spa and Restaurants
Mohegan Sun Pocono has an incredible spa, as well as several restaurants. Guests get free access to the spa, and they can book any of the treatments or services through the hotel concierge. The spa treatments are also reasonably priced, as compared to other nearby spas. There is also a great selection of restaurants at Mohegan Sun Pocono. Guests can choose from a farm-to-table restaurant, a sushi bar, an Italian restaurant, and a brewery, among other options. The prices are reasonable considering the quality of the meals, and guests can eat at any time during their stay.
Tips for Your Visit
- Visit During Peak Times: If you visit Mohegan Sun Pocono during the summer or during a major holiday, such as Thanksgiving or New Year’s Eve, you’ll likely encounter long lines, and the casino may be packed.
- Get There Early: Additionally, if you visit the casino during peak times, you should either get there early or plan to stay late. You should also make an effort to plan your day effectively.
- Skip the Slot Machines: If you’re visiting Mohegan Sun Pocono primarily to gamble, we recommend skipping the slot machines. They have low payouts, and the tables have better odds.
- Try New Table Games: If slots aren’t your thing, try playing one of the casino’s new table games. There are a few new games at Mohegan Sun Pocono, including Killer Bees and Bonus Bowling.
Pros and Cons
- Massive casino
- Great location
- Incredible spa
- Farm-to-table restaurant
- Reasonable room rates
- Easy to visit
- Only 90 minutes from New York City
- Busy during peak times
- Slot machines have low payouts
- No special events
- Housekeeping can be inconsistent
- No true luxury amenities
- Only open 12 months a year
These cons are relatively minor compared to the pros of visiting Mohegan Sun Pocono. If you love casinos, you’ll love visiting Mohegan Sun Pocono. It’s one of the largest casinos in the world, and you can stay there while also visiting nearby Wilkes-Barre, PA.
Mohegan Sun Pocono is one of the largest casinos in the world. It’s also the largest casino in North America, and it’s located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The casino is owned and operated by the Mohegan Tribe of Connecticut, and it’s open all year round. Mohegan Sun Pocono has over 2,300 slot machines and 100 table games, as well as a poker room, bingo room, and race track. The complex also includes a hotel with 400 rooms, a spa, and several restaurants. In this Mohegan Sun Pocono review, we’ve taken a look at the casino, the hotel, and the restaurants. We’ve also given you some tips on how to make the most of your visit to the casino.