In the lush and mountainous area of La Romana, Dominican Republic, is a unique hotel that will break your stereotypes of what a hotel should be. Hotel Silvestre is unlike any other hotel you’ll ever stay in. This eco-friendly retreat is the perfect place to go if you’re looking to escape from city life for a while with some great views and activities to keep you occupied. While staying at this hotel, you will experience natural beauty at its best – from its rich greenery, to the cool refreshing streams that flow throughout its premises. Not only that, but you will also get to experience an abundance of nature by taking part in various activities such as bird watching, hiking, and fishing.
Awards and Recogniton
Before we get into the details of this beautiful hotel, let’s first go over some of its awards and recognitions. Advisor’s Pick Hotels - This hotel is a part of the “Advisor’s Pick Hotels” collection which features the best hotels in various popular destinations. This collection features hotels that are known for their stunning views, flawless service, and modern amenities. Top 10 Eco-Friendly Hotels - This hotel is also a part of the “Top 10 Eco-Friendly Hotels” collection. The hotels in this collection are known for their eco-friendly approach to hospitality and are located in some of the most beautiful places in the world. Top 10 Hotels in the Caribbean - This hotel is also a part of the “Top 10 Hotels in the Caribbean” collection. This collection of hotels features the best hotels in the Caribbean so you can rest assured that you will get the best experience when staying here.
Best season to visit
There isn’t really a “best season” to visit this hotel as its open all year round. However, there are certain months that are more optimal than others since they offer ideal weather conditions. These months include January, February, October, November, and December. Since the hotel is located in a tropical region, temperatures are warm throughout the year. During the peak season of July to October, you can expect average temperatures to be around 30 degrees Celsius. And during the rest of the year, you can expect average temperatures to be around 25 degrees Celsius.
Rooms & Services Available
- Swimming Pool - With a beautiful view of the lush green mountains, this swimming pool is the perfect place to relax and unwind at the end of a long day. It’s also an ideal place to cool off in the hot tropical weather of La Romana.
- Spa - A spa is a place where you can go to relax, unwind, and relieve stress. Hotel Silvestre’s spa is the perfect place to do just that! You can choose to relax in one of the many spa treatments or even try a yoga class. There are various spa treatments available, including foot reflexology, manicure, massage, and more.
- Dining - There are two onsite restaurants at this hotel where you can enjoy some of the most delicious food in La Romana. Both the Frangipani and the Open Kitchen restaurants offer a wide variety of meals to choose from. And if you happen to get bored of the same old food, you can always order something different whenever you’re in the mood for change!
- Laundry Service - If you happened to pack too many clothes, or somehow managed to break or stain a piece of clothing, you can take advantage of this hotel’s laundry service. You can either choose to drop off your dirty clothes at the hotel reception or have someone come to your room to pick them up. Prices may vary depending on the type of laundry service you request.
- Internet / WiFi - If you’re the type of person who can’t go a day without checking your social media accounts, you’ll be glad to know that there’s wifi at this hotel. You can check the internet at the reception area, or you can also bring your laptop to your room to use the wifi there.
- Tour Desk - If you’re not sure what to do during your stay at this hotel, you can ask the tour desk to help you plan your days. They can help you book tours to places like Jaragua National Park, Bahia de Guandacabibes, and more. The staff members at the tour desk are very helpful, so don’t hesitate to ask them questions or suggestions.
The Good Stuff
There are many good things about staying at this hotel, but we will only highlight a few of them here. Let’s start with the views. One of the best things about this hotel is that you can see two beautiful landscapes from two different vantage points. You can see the ocean from one side of the hotel and the lush green mountains from the other side. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of a whale or dolphin swimming in the ocean! This hotel is also eco-friendly and sustainable. You’ll notice this as soon as you step foot inside the hotel as everything is eco-friendly, from the furniture to the food served at the restaurants. This hotel is also the perfect place to go if you’re looking for a quiet and serene vacation. You’ll have plenty of time to unwind and relax without being disturbed by the hustle and bustle of city life.
The Not-So-Good Stuff
While there are plenty of things to love about this hotel, there are also a few things that might not be so good. For example, there are no nearby shops, bars, or restaurants. You would have to go on a short drive to the nearest town in order to satisfy your cravings for food and drinks. And if you happen to forget something during your stay, there’s no place nearby to go and buy more. Speaking of going to the nearest town to satisfy your cravings for food, you should be careful when driving around La Romana. Since this area is a tourist destination, there are many drivers who try to overcharge tourists. You’re better off taking a cab or booking a shuttle service to drive you around.
What to Expect
What can you expect when staying at this hotel? Well, for starters, you can expect to experience the best of both worlds. You can enjoy the serenity of living in a quiet and peaceful environment while also being able to catch a glimpse of the beautiful ocean from your hotel room. You can also expect to be surrounded by lush greenery that will make you feel like you’re in a fairytale. This hotel is definitely one of the most beautiful places to stay in La Romana. You can also expect to be treated like royalty at this hotel. They have a whole team of dedicated employees who are there to ensure that you have an amazing stay at Hotel Silvestre. You can expect to be pampered with amenities that you would never find at a typical hotel, such as free breakfast and free WiFi.
Activities at Hotel Silvestre La Romana
If you’re looking to do a bit of exploring while staying at this hotel, you’ll be glad to know that you have plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the most popular activities at Hotel Silvestre La Romana. Hiking - If you’re the type of person who loves the great outdoors and loves to get a little bit of exercise every now and then, you’ll love this activity. You can go on a guided hike to different places such as the nearby waterfalls or the coffee plantation. Jaragua National Park - This park is located less than 30 minutes from the hotel. It’s the perfect place to go if you want to do a bit of exploring and hiking. Jaragua National Park is also home to various animals like monkeys, reptiles, and more. Sailing - If you’re a fan of the sea, you might want to go out on a boat and go sailing around the waters of La Romana. This is the perfect activity for people who want to experience the sea but don’t know how to go about it.
If you’re traveling to this hotel from another country, you will have to fly to La Romana International Airport. Once you land, you can either hire a taxi to take you to the hotel or you can take a shuttle service.