The Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park is an all-around fantastic hotel. It’s in a great location, it has comfortable rooms, and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure the stay is as pleasant as possible. The amenities are also pretty nice, with a good fitness center and outdoor hot tub. There are some downsides, but they’re mostly nitpicky details. If you’re looking for a hotel in Missoula that also comes with easy access to nature trails and great views of Mount Sentinel, this isn’t it. But if you want something affordable, clean and close to downtown with plenty of restaurants nearby, this is definitely a top pick. This review covers everything you need to know about the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park before making your reservation.
Awards and Recognition
The Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park has no awards or recognition as far as we’re aware. That doesn’t mean it’s not a great hotel, though. We just don’t have any numbers to back up our claims. Missoula is a bit off the beaten path for tourism, but it’s a very underrated tourist spot. The Bitterroot Mountains are gorgeous, and there’s plenty to do in the area once the snow starts to fly.
Best season to visit
Missoula is a year-round destination. It has warm summers, cool winters and plenty in between. It can be a bit rainy at times, but that’s normal for the area. It’s not a big deal unless you’re planning on hiking in the mountains. July and August are typically the warmest months, with an average temperature of about 77 degrees. That can vary from year to year, but it gives you an idea of what to expect. December and January are the coldest months, with an average of about 32 degrees.
Rooms & Services Available
The amenities at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park are mostly standard. There’s free breakfast, free WiFi, free bottled water and a fitness center. There’s also a small outdoor hot tub, a business center and an outdoor pool that’s open from May to September. The fitness center is okay, but not great. There are only a few cardio machines, a few free weights and a few machines. It’s fine for a quick workout, but don’t expect it to be anything special. The WiFi is advertised as being fast, but we found it to be inconsistent. It’s fine for normal browsing, but streaming video can be a bit of a challenge.
- Good Location. It’s a few blocks from the shopping and dining on Montana Ave. and a quick walk from downtown. It’s also a short walk from the park, which has great views of Missoula and the surrounding area.
- Great Staff - The Holiday Inn’s staff really make the hotel. They’re friendly, helpful and quick to go above and beyond to make sure the stay is pleasant.
- Nice Rooms - The rooms at the Holiday Inn are standard, but nice. They’re clean and comfortable, with a modern design. The beds are also very comfortable.
- Pricey Parking - The parking at the hotel is a bit pricey at $17 per day. There are plenty of other options nearby if you want to park for a lower price.
- No Outdoor Access - The hotel has no real outdoor space and the pool is indoors. The Bitterroot Mountains are right outside the park, but there’s no way to get to them from the hotel.
- No Views - The hotel has no views of the Bitterroot Mountains. The park is a few blocks away and has great views, but the hotel itself is not near a view.
The location of the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park is great. It’s just a short walk (about 10 minutes) from Montana Ave. and downtown Missoula. It’s also a quick walk from the park, which has great views of the city and the surrounding Bitterroot Mountains. The hotel is about 14 miles from the airport, and about five miles from the nearest major highway. Missoula is a bit off the beaten path, so don’t expect to see many tourists. It’s a great place to visit, but not many people know about it.
The Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park is a great hotel, and it’s one of our top picks in Missoula. It’s a nice mix of comfort and affordability, and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure the stay is pleasant. It’s in a great location, the rooms are nice and the amenities are mostly standard. It’s not a luxury hotel by any means, but it’s the kind of place you can book when you want to make sure you have a good time in Missoula.