The Caribbean coast along Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula's Riviera Maya strip is one of the world's most idolized pieces of coastline. The white sand beaches of the peninsula beckon guests to venture into the cool, crystal clear waters of the Caribbean and are only a short traveling distance from many of Mexico's inland attractions. From basking in the coastal sun to exploring the intrepid Mayan ruins littered throughout the landscape, Mexico is a destination that promises a combination of relaxing tranquillity and exotic adventure.
There is no better place to embrace the Mexican spirit and the many attractions of the Yucatán Peninsula than at the El Dorado Maroma’s adult-only resort. Halfway between the major tourist hubs of Cancun and Playa del Carmen, the El Dorado Maroma offers the complete luxury amenities of a top-of-the-line hotel while maintaining the slow isolated vibes that have become synonymous with the many resorts near Bahamas.
The El Dorado Maroma has a long list of accolades that include being named the 4th best resort in the world by the Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers' Choice Award.
Best Time to Book
Peak season along the Yucatán Peninsula's Riviera Maya runs from December to April. The region experiences near-perfect weather conditions during these months, often resulting in heavy crowding at famous beaches and tourist attractions. To accommodate the increased demand of the region's tourist season, resorts such as the El Dorado Maroma will often experience an increase in their nightly rates, particularly around Christmas and Spring Break.
To score a great deal, visitors should book their Mexico vacation at the El Dorado Maroma during the region's low season. With most tourists opting to avoid traveling to Mexico's Caribbean coast from May to June or from September to November, many local resorts will often experience a heavy decrease in their nightly rates. However, while these months do offer the best prices of the year, travelers at this time are also subject to increase chances of being caught in heavy rainfalls and tropical storms.
For a combination of moderate prices and weather conditions, visitors to the region should book their all-inclusive package during Mexico's shoulder months. The Yucatán Peninsula still experiences the occasional downpour between July and August. But rainfalls are far less frequent than during the wet season, and prices are much more affordable than during the region's peak tourism.
Rooms & Services Available
The El Dorado Maroma offers a romantic setting and amenities that cater to newlyweds, honeymooners, and couples celebrating an anniversary. Whether you are traveling as a couple, solo, or as a large group, the hotel offers three distinct room packages for your stay.
- Palafitos-Overwater Bungalows: Located directly on the waters of one of the Top Ten Beaches in the World, the El Dorado Maroma offers Mexico's first and only overwater bungalow experience.
- Mi Hotelito Beachfront Suite: Featuring a king-sized bed and an oversized terrace overlooking the vibrant Caribbean foliage, the El Dorado's beachfront suites are only steps away from the main pool, several restaurants, and the famous Maroma Beach.
- Connoisseur Beachfront Villa: For the ultimate luxurious experience at the El Dorado Maroma, guests are invited to book the resort's magnificent beachfront villa. The beachfront villa is the best option for a romantic getaway, featuring an oversized terrace, a private pool, and a reserved beach bed.
Regardless of their accommodation option, all guests staying at the El Dorado Maroma will receive access to the resort's many onsite amenities that include three pools, a beach club, a spa and salon, yoga classes, watersport rentals, and several onsite restaurants and bars.
Most visitors staying at the resort will arrive in Mexico through Cancun International Airport. Located 55.8 km from the hotel, guests are encouraged to book private or group shuttles before arrival. The El Dorado's 24/7 concierge service is always available to help you arrange your transportation to the resort.
Hotel Pros and Cons
- Adult Only
- Diverse room selections all overlooking the ocean
- Multiple pools with swim-up bars
- Six restaurants located onsite
- Fitness center
- Onsite Spa and Salon
- Specific amenities can be closed to accommodate weddings and other private parties.
- Six restaurants aren't remarkably diverse and offer similar experiences.
Voted the fourth best resort in the world by Conde Nast Traveller Readers' Choice Awards, the El Dorado Maroma is the pinnacle of romantic getaways in Mexico. The resort's full-service amenities and diverse room selection offer an experience tailored to each guest. So, whether planning your destination wedding or looking to escape with your spouse for your next anniversary, the El Dorado Maroma promises a vacation of relaxation, luxury, and romance.