Coco Plum Island Resort is a private, laid-back, and luxurious island in the Caribbean Sea located about 9 miles off the coast of Dangriga in Belize. It spans up to 16 acres with palm trees surrounding its boundaries.
The island is a kilometer from the Dangriga Airport and only 30 minutes away from the main town. This adults-only, all-inclusive Belize resort has a limited number of ocean-front beach bungalows and free wi-fi connection making it more private and a perfect fit for a romantic as well as a solo-laid-back getaway.
Coco Plum Island Resort has also won many awards putting them on top as the best hotel in the world for romance as well as other things. In 2021, for instance, the hotel won the travelers’ choice best of the best award and came out as one of the few top small hotels in Belize.
Also, the year before, they were titled the most romantic hotel in the world. Coco Plum Island Resort is luxurious, beautiful, and worth the experience.
Best Season to Visit
There is no bad weather to visit the island, as it feels like summer all year round. However, if the factors such as peak season and/or budget seasons are put into consideration, then the answers will change. The peak season where most visitors come to the island is during the warmest time of the year (between March and May). The wet season (late May to early November) is best for those that want absolute privacy and the cheapest deals.
Rooms & Services Available
- Accommodation: The facilities built for accommodation here are designed with a modern flair and a luxurious outlook. The interiors give a beachy look with hints of sand brown, wood, blue, teal, and white. A total of 18 cabanas are spilt into standard cabanas, suite-style, premium suite-style cabanas, and overwater villas.
- Restaurant: Aside from the royal and elegant rooms, the hotel also hosts talented chefs that serve tasty delicacies to guests. These dishes include a wide variety of both American and Belizean recipes. But best of all, the food is served for half the price since it is an all-inclusive hotel. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner can be dished out in the guests’ rooms, the elegantly arranged restaurant, bar, or on the sundeck with other guests.
- Bar: Visitors can also enjoy a nice, cold drink at this adults only all-inclusive resort, such as cocktails or a bottle of wine for a romantic evening or imported liquor. You can always expect a chilled glass of Happy Hour during most evenings.
- Free use of equipment for resort activities: The hotel also allows guest to use their stand-up paddle boards, snorkel gear, and kayaks for free. It makes many visitors more interested to participate in many of Coco Plum Island Resort’s activities.
As mentioned earlier, Coco Plum Island Resort is located about 8 to 9 miles off the coast of Dangriga in Belize. Belize is a country situated on the northeastern coast of Central America, and intending vacationers can get to Belize by taking a 2-hour flight from Dallas, Houston, or Miami.
From Belize to Dangriga is another local flight that will go from the Philip Goldson International Airport at Belize to Dangriga — your final destination.
The good news is that the local flight is part of the fees you will make for the all-inclusive package, and there is no need to pay again for another flight. At the Dangriga airport, a staff of Coco Plum Island Resort would come to greet you and lead you toward your booked cabana.
- All-inclusive hotel with accommodation, transportation, feeding, and on-site fun activities.
- The hotel has two awards for being the top best romantic hotel
- Coco Plum Island Resort has a restaurant, bar, and sundeck
- Daily Housekeeping and massage inclusive
- Presence of overwater bungalows
- It is meant for adults only and not fit for family vacations, but the resort offers options for booking with your kids at the sister`s resorts such as Belizian Dreams Resort, and Manta Island Resort.
- It is primarily for romantic getaways and honeymoon vacations.
Coco Plum Island Resort is similar to other premium all-inclusive resorts in Belize. However, the private setting and the limited number of cabanas available make the island less crowded and better for a quiet getaway. But though it is expensive and might not have the facilities to cater to kids, the hotel is worth all the penny spent.