Thailand’s Khao Phang, located in Surat Thani District, is one of the most popular destinations for people looking for a quiet place to relax. The place features scenic views of the Coral Cave, Cheow Lan Lake, and the nature reserve of Khao Sam Kloe. One of the most popular places is the Khao Sok National Park, known for its gigantic limestone mountains, lush green rainforest, and exotic wildlife.
500 Rai Khao Sok Floating Resort is a popular choice for tourists visiting the Khao Sok National Park. The resort features over-water bungalows providing panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort is on Cheow Lan Lake, so each room has a private terrace looking out to the lake. It is a perfect place for family vacations as well as honeymoon trips.
The resort has received multiple awards for its excellent services, significantly increasing its popularity. The 500 Rai Khao Sok Floating Resort holds the following awards:
- Thailand Boutique Resort 2007.
- Hotel with Best Location by Lonely Planet in 2016.
- Award for Best Promote and Support National Park Work for Sustainability.
The Ideal Time to Visit
The weather is pleasant all year round, so the resort is also open in all calendar months. The resort has most of its reservations from November to April as these months comprise the dry season, and most sun-seekers visit during this time. The wet months from June to November are ideal for those who enjoy water activities like river-tubing.
Besides that, the rainy season in Khao Pang is not harsh as it does not rain all the time, but 1-2 hours per day is usually commonplace. So even if you visit during this time, you won’t regret it. Prices are higher during the peak season but generally consistent in other months.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities Provided with The Room Package at the 500 Rai Resort
- Air-conditioning, which is unlimited if you choose a villa room or higher.
- Blackout curtains to help you get a good sleep.
- Gear for water activities, including a kayak and life jacket.
- Access to hot water.
Getting To the Resort
Despite featuring a remote location, the area is accessible to tourists. They can fly to Surat Thani Airport, around 63 kilometers from the resort. From there, you can take a taxi or a minivan to get to the Chew Larn Pier. From there, you can take a tail boat ride to the resort. Boat travel is a must part of getting to the resort, as it is surrounded by water.
Pros Of Staying at This Resort
The floating resort has a lot to offer, ranging from picturesque views to a serene atmosphere. Living there for some time will help you rejuvenate and feel relaxed. There are many reasons why you should stay at the 500 Rai Khao Sok Resort, some of which we have listed below:
- You have nature right in front of you: No doubt, the hotel provides accommodation facilities to many who want to explore the Khao Sok National Park but just living in the resort is an experience. You have the most mesmerizing view through your private terrace.
- It has the most amazing facilities for honeymoon suites. You get your private jacuzzi with both hot and cold and a private terrace where you can just chill on a hammock.
- You get a free morning safari on a longtail boat that allows you to explore some of the fascinating creatures of the wildlife.
- Private kayaks allow you and your family to go on excursions. The resort management can also plan other activities as per your preferences.
- The resort uses eco-bath products to promote sustainable tourism, so by choosing this resort, you are doing something good for the environment.
Lastly, the resort provides delicious food; all three meals of the day are covered in the package, so you won’t have trouble finding good food.
Disadvantages Of Staying at The Resort
Getting the resort experience is dreamy in itself, but there are still a few cons that you need to know. The resort stay is luxurious, so if you are on a budget, you must avoid weekends and peak season when the prices are high. Moreover, if you are traveling during the rainy season, make sure to carry mosquito repellent to prevent bug bites.
The Bottom Line
The 500 Rai Khao Sok Floating Resort is a great place providing a relaxing experience with mesmerizing views. All you need to do is spend extra money, get on a plane and enjoy this luxurious getaway with your loved ones.