Surrounded by mesmerizing blue water, the serene islands of Panama are an excellent site to visit and spend quality time with your loved ones. Bocas del Tora is one of the provinces of Panama, home to some of the gorgeous beaches in the Caribbean. Colon Island, Panama, is one of the best beaches in the province and has breathtaking views with a soothing atmosphere which will leave you feeling calm and relaxed.
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge is known to be one of the most renowned resorts on Colon Island. The lodge features rustic cabanas and luxury suites with fascinating island views. The place is a popular choice when it comes to honeymoons and family vacations as it offers excellent customer service and access to multiple amenities.
The resort has been nominated for multiple hotel awards for maintaining the standards and quality of its services and the steps it has taken to protect the environment. It has been nominated for the following awards:
- Mexico & Central America's Leading Boutique Resort (for the past eight years, i.e., 2015-2022).
- Excellent Hostelry Award by Panama’s National Tourism Authority.
- World's Leading Water Villa Resort 2010.
- Panama's Leading Eco Resort 2007.
- Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor.com.
Best Time to Visit
The Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge is most frequented from February to April, which marks the dry season of the Bocas Del Toro. The resort is open all year-round, as the tropical climate favors tourism. The hotel rates do not fluctuate a lot as the resort is open all year round but does reach a peak during the dry season. Generally, the room rate per night is higher on the weekends.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities Provided by The Hotel
When you are on vacation, you would want to have the maximum possible comfort in hand. The lodge offers multiple basic amenities, including:
- Suites with king-sized beds with hot water and power supply.
- Free WIFI.
- Gear for different activities, including snorkeling equipment, flashlights, and kayaks.
- Bathrobes, bath towels, and toiletries.
- Hammocks to relax out in the sun.
Although all these amenities are basic, they are enough to ensure a peaceful stay at the resort. The main focus is to provide a close-to-nature experience to the guests.
Getting To the Resort
The resort can be accessed by plane and by road. The route and the mode of travel mostly depend on where you are coming from. If you are coming by road from Costa Rica, get to Sixaola to acquire an exit stamp. Later, you can move across the border towards Guabito to get to Panama to get an entry stamp. Drive or take a taxi to Almirante and then use a taxi-boat to get to the Island. You can also get on a flight from the National Airport Marcos Gelbert in Panama City and reach the Bocas del Toro Island.
If you inform the resort early about your arrival time, they also offer transportation from the Island to the Lodge.
The Pros of Staying at The Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
The resort is a great place to stay with majestic views, rustic architecture, and outstanding service. Some of the pros of staying at the Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge are:
- Private cabanas allow minor invasion of privacy, so they are well suited for family vacations and honeymoon trips.
- The resort management arranges excursions for the guests, so you won’t have to spend much time planning the activities.
- The remote location takes you away from the noisy main city, providing a peaceful environment during your stay.
- Shuttle service to the main city for tours.
- Free WIFI and access to other basic amenities.
- Freshly prepared breakfast and dinner are included in the package, so you don’t have to spend extra.
The Disadvantages of Staying at The Resort
The resort ensures that the customers have the best time, but there are a few minor problems that you may experience. If you are traveling on a budget, you may find the resort pricey on the weekends, so it is better to visit during the weekdays. Similarly, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages aren’t covered in the room package, so you will have to pay extra.
Is It Worth Visiting?
The resort features breathtaking views that will allow you to have quality time with your family or friends and is also a romantic destination for couples. The resort management strives to make the guests feel comfortable and provide excellent service. All in all, you can have a relaxing time off from your hectic daily routine by staying there.