Thailand is well-known as a great exotic location for a holiday. The beautiful beaches and clear blue seas attract millions of visitors every year. The islands of Thailand have much to offer in the way of exotic foods to sample. The rich culture of the country is also worth learning about. Tourists often enjoy visiting the many Buddhist temples in Thailand.
The Panvaree Resort is located on the Ratchaprapha reservoir, in the Surat Thani province of Thailand. The Panvaree resort has not received any specific awards. But the numerous reviews online rate the Panvaree Resort as a popular holiday eco-friendly accommodation for visitors, as nature-loves found it within the Khao Sok National Park. You can expect to encounter much of the fauna and flora in the area when you book the Panvaree Resort for your next family vacation. Read on to learn more about the resort and what it has to offer.
Best Time to Book Your Next Trip
Since Thailand is very popular as a tourist destination in Asia, it is worth finding out the best times to go to the Panvaree Resort. The peak tourist season for Thailand lasts from the start of November to the end of March.
The Panvaree Resort is likely to be more crowded during the peak tourist season. Keep in mind that more people translate into more noise. If you prefer peace, you should avoid the peak holiday season.
You could visit after March, but April and May are hotter months, which may be unpleasant for you. The lowest prices for visiting and staying at the Panvaree Resort would be between September and October. Temperatures are also lower during these months, so it would be the best time to visit this eco-friendly resort.
Rooms & Services Available
What the Panvaree Resort Has to Offer
The resort is in a scenically beautiful region. The resort is a series of floating bungalows on a lake surrounded by mountains. We have listed below what the resort has to offer.
- They do offer non-smoking rooms, family rooms, and suites.
- You can choose between an ocean and mountain view when choosing a bungalow.
- Private bathrooms in each room.
- Every room is equipped with a refrigerator, satellite or cable TV, and air conditioning.
- An overwater bungalow also has its own private deck.
- There is a free breakfast for everyone who stays at the resort.
You can buy an all-inclusive package, that includes boat cruises from the bungalows out onto the lake.
Once in Thailand, most visitors select to fly from Bangkok to Surat Than. Then, a bus to the Rajaprapa Dam, where the resort is situated. A bus leaves every four hours from the Surat Tan airport to the dam. A boat takes guests from the dam directly to the bungalows.
While most visitors may fly to the area from Bangkok, you can choose to take the bus or a train. Train and bus options are both less expensive ways of travel than flying but take much longer. Traveling by plane is about 5 hours, but by train and bus, from12 to 16 hours, respectively.
Panvaree Resort Pros and Cons
Below is a list of all the advantages of this scenic view place.
- Stunning scenery.
- A Great option for nature lovers since the resort is located in the tranquil Khao Sok National Park.
- You stay in a large room which has its own bathroom and deck. This means you have privacy and don’t have to share with strangers.
- Rooms are air-conditioned, which is helpful when temperatures rise.
- There are boat cruises and free kayak rentals as part of the price. This allows you to explore the lake and view wildlife in the surrounding park.
There are a few disadvantages of staying at the Panvaree Resort. However, these are minor, and the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
- The bungalows are not a five-star hotel. It is to be expected since this is a floating bungalow in a nature reserve.
- Food choice is limited, but this is not a big problem as people mostly choose the resort for its quiet placement and the eco-friendly concept.
The Panvaree Resort is worth a visit, especially if you are like me, and enjoy the beauty of nature. Most visitors recommend and return to these bungalows often for rest and relaxation.