The Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina is a luxury hotel with an understated elegance that caters to the sophisticated traveler. Located across from the historic Hotel del Coronado, close to downtown and connected by a private walkway, The Marriott Marquis offers easy access to some of San Diego’s most popular attractions. If you want a luxurious stay that combines accessibility with a quiet and relaxing atmosphere, the Marriott Marquis is not to be missed. It's one of the best hotels in San Diego, combining high-end amenities with an affordable price tag. The Marriott Marquis is also pet-friendly. You can bring along your furry friend as long as they weigh no more than 40 pounds and have proof of vaccination. If you're planning on bringing Fido on your next trip, read on for our insider tips on what makes this boutique hotel so special.
Awards and Recognition
The Marriott Marquis has been recognized as one of the best hotels in the country, receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and a AAA Four Diamond Award. It has also been praised by Architectural Digest as one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. With such an impressive list of accolades, it’s easy to see why the Marriott Marquis is quickly becoming one of the premier hotels in San Diego. The hotel’s location near the San Diego Convention Center makes it a popular choice for corporate events, while the scenic and private rooftop pool makes it a hit with the younger crowd. If you’re traveling with children, you’ll appreciate the Kids Stay Free program that lets you bring up to two children under 18 years of age without incurring an additional charge.
Best season to visit
The Marriott Marquis is a year-round destination, but there are a few periods when it’s particularly busy. During Comic-Con, which takes place in late July, the hotel is booked solid, with many events taking place at the nearby convention center. If you want to visit during this period, book your room as early as possible. Similarly, during the first week of October, the Marriott Marquis is fully booked as San Diego hosts its annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon. If you want to stay at the hotel during this time, make sure to book your room well in advance. The rest of the year, the hotel is fairly quiet, making it a great choice for business travelers visiting during the off-peak season.
Rooms & Services Available
A Wealth of Amenities
The Marriott Marquis offers a truly unparalleled level of service, with a staff that is friendly and helpful at all times. The hotel’s signature amenities include:
- 24-hour fitness center - This state-of-the-art fitness center is equipped with the latest fitness equipment. It’s open 24 hours a day, so you can work out whenever you feel like it.
- Rooftop pool - The rooftop pool at the Marriott Marquis is one of a kind. With panoramic views of San Diego’s bay and harbor, as well as the neighboring Hotel del Coronado, it’s a truly unique experience.
- Rooftop lawn - Complementing the rooftop pool is a lush rooftop lawn that is perfect for lounging and admiring the views. You can also host events at the rooftop lawn, although it will be limited in capacity.
- Private boardwalk - The Marriott Marquis has its own private boardwalk that links the hotel to downtown San Diego. This boardwalk is a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the waterfront views.
- On-site restaurant - The Marquis Restaurant is one of the most popular dining options in San Diego. The menu offers a variety of dishes, including some of the best steaks in the city.
A Restaurant For Every Tastes
The Marriott Marquis offers a wide selection of on-site dining options, including the aforementioned Marquis Restaurant. The hotel also features the following restaurants:
- The Lobby Lounge - This is a great place to relax after a long day of exploring San Diego. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Lobby Lounge offers a diverse selection of wines and cocktails.
- The Imperial Ballroom - The Imperial Ballroom is a beautiful event space perfect for hosting business conferences and social gatherings. This elegant ballroom overlooks the bay and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- The Waterfront Patio - The Waterfront Patio is a casual and relaxed dining option, with an outdoor seating area overlooking the harbor and a menu featuring fresh seafood.
Pros and Cons
The Marriott Marquis is an excellent choice for any type of traveler. It has a wide selection of amenities and dining options, as well as spacious and luxurious rooms. The hotel’s rooftop lawn and pool are truly one of a kind, offering a truly magnificent experience. The only downside to staying at the Marriott Marquis is the price. While it’s not the most expensive hotel in San Diego, it’s certainly not cheap. If you’re looking for the ultimate luxury hotel experience, the Marriott Marquis is not to be missed.
The Marriott Marquis is located in San Diego’s Marina District, just across the street from the Hotel del Coronado. If you plan to drive, take I-5 south towards San Diego. Take the Coronado Bridge towards Coronado and exit for Hotel Circle/Fifth Avenue. Make a right onto Sixth Avenue and drive two blocks to Eighth Avenue, where you’ll make a left and continue to the end of the street. If you’re flying into San Diego International Airport, you’ll need to take a shuttle to the hotel. These shuttles are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and take around 30 minutes. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more direct route, the hotel is close to the Interstate 5 and Interstate 8.
The Marriott Marquis is one of the premier hotels in San Diego, combining a luxurious experience with an accessible location. If you’re looking for the ultimate hotel experience, this is the place for you. The Marriott Marquis is, without a doubt, one of the best hotels in San Diego.