In the middle of the red rock wonders of Arizona sits an oasis-like resort called Los Abrigos. This luxury hotel is tucked away on a private hillside with panoramic views of the surrounding National Forest and Red Rocks. Located in Sedona, AZ, nearby activities include exploring famous Red Rock vistas, hiking trails, golfing, and more. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with amenities like fireplaces, soaking tubs, and outdoor balconies for panoramic views of nature. The resort also offers fantastic dining options like the Yew Cafe (with delicious healthy options) and Oak Lounge & Bar with live music every night. Visitors must be 21 or older to enter the Oak Lounge & Bar.
A Brief History of Los Abrigos Resort and Spa
Built in 1953, the property was originally a dude ranch. In 2008, it was renovated and converted into a luxury resort. Los Abrigos is named after the agaves that grow near the property and is a tribute to the local culture.
Awards and Recognition
Los Abrigos Resort and Spa has a total of five awards and recognitions. Its awards include: Best Hotels in Arizona (VACATION RENTALS, 2019) Best Hotels in Arizona (VACATION RENTALS, 2019) Top 10 Hotels in Sedona (AIRBNB, 2019) Best Luxury Hotels in Arizona (INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION AWARDS, 2019) Best of Sedona (KYE Sedona, 2019)
Best Season to Visit
The best seasons to visit are spring and fall. It can get extremely hot in the summer months (June-August) and winters are cold and challenging due to the high elevation. Spring and fall offer the best weather with warm days and cool nights. The National Forest is also very colorful in the spring with wildflowers.
Rooms & Services Available
Some of the resort amenities include:
- Babysitting services - The hotel can provide a babysitter for a fee of $25/hour for children aged five years and younger. There is no fee for children aged six years and older.
- Bar and lounge - Oak Lounge & Bar is the resort's bar and lounge, which serves a daily happy hour (5:30-7:30pm).
- Coffee shop - Yew Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Gift shop - The gift shop sells souvenirs, clothing, and other items.
- Golf - The Los Abrigos Golf Course is located on the resort grounds, and it is open from October through April.
- Health spa - The health spa offers a variety of treatments, including massages, facials, and more.
- Hot tub - The resort has a hot tub that guests can use.
- Pool - The pool includes a waterfall, and it is open year-round.
- Spa - The spa offers a variety of treatments, including massages, facials, and more.
The Oak Lounge & Bar - This is the resort's main dining area, which serves American cuisine. It features live music every night. Yew Cafe - This is the resort's coffee shop, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The best way to get to Los Abrigos Resort and Spa is by car, followed by airplane. The resort is about 45 miles away from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Pros and cons
- Comfortable rooms
- Most rooms feature fireplaces and soaking tubs. Panoramic views
- Guests can enjoy panoramic views of nature from their balcony. Great dining - The Oak Lounge & Bar serves American cuisine, and Yew Cafe serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- High season prices
- The resort's rates are highest from March to May and September to October. High season prices
- The resort's rates are highest from March to May and September to October. Challenging road conditions
- The resort is tucked away on a private hillside, so it can be challenging to find.
Los Abrigos Resort and Spa is a luxury hotel in Sedona, Arizona. It sits on a hillside with panoramic views and is near famous Red Rock vistas. The resort's main dining area is the Oak Lounge & Bar and features live music every night. The best way to get to Los Abrigos is by car or airplane. Unfortunately, the resort's rates are highest from March to May and September to October, and the road conditions are challenging during the rainy season.