Located in Central America, Costa Rica is known for its abundant rainforest and wildlife, stunning beaches, and countless fun activities waiting to be explored. The warm weather natural paradise has about 300 beaches adorned with golden, white, and brown fine sands. The waters are also famous for their continuous high current and electrifying waves. Having invested in ecotourism for decades, Costa Rica is surrounded by lush green rainforests. The rainforests are home to several adorable and rare animals like sloths, monkeys, diverse bird species, and so forth. Apart from that, tourists choose Costa Rica as their vacation destination to see the various volcanoes, especially the famous Arenal.
Whether you are traveling to see the beaches or volcanoes, Costa Rica has various lodging options for all kinds of travelers. There are also some resorts nearby Costa Rica that you can explore on your way in or out of the lush green Country. Hotel Melia Cayo Coco is one hotel that you can explore close to Costa Rica, especially as an adult.
Hotel Melia Cayo Coco
A luxury all-inclusive adults-only resort, Melia Cayo Coco offers the perfect romantic location for couples and honeymooners. It is also suitable for grown-ups that love water activities like surfing, snorkeling, and scuba diving. The area comprises 250 guest houses, an exclusive beach, and several amenities to make your trip fun.
The 250 guest houses in the resort are in diverse styles. There are 168 classic accommodations, 62 Grand premium lake view apartments, 12 grand suites lake view, 6 junior suites, 4 dining restaurants, and 2 junior suite lake views. Each room has different amenities depending on the rates. Note that, Cayo Coco admits only adults. It is unsuitable for a family vacation, especially with kids.
What Awards Does It Have?
Melia Cayo Coco has received several awards and recognition from notable companies. Some of them are listed below:
- TripAdvisor: Traveler's choice 2022 — The award was received based on reviews, reports, and ratings from tourists globally.
- TripAdvisor: Traveler's Award 2021
- CITMA- Environmental beach 2020: This award was presented to hotel Melia Cayo Coco for beach preservation
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2019 — This award was received based on the hospitality and travel website
- TripAdvisor: Certificate of excellence 2016, 2017, 2018
- Mornac: Mornac.ca 2017 — This award was received for best facilities, restaurants, and best for couples.
- CITMA: Environmental Certification 2016
When Is the Best Time to Visit This All-Inclusive Adults-Only Resort?
Cayo Coco has two seasons- dry and wet seasons. As expected, tourists visit the destination the most during the dry season. During that period, the cost of traveling, accommodation, and other costs peak. If you plan to visit it in the dry season (December to April), prepare to spend more to secure a room. Also, you may have difficulties getting a space at the resort if you do not book one ahead.
Summertime or wet season is the time tourists visit Cayo Coco the least. During that time, outdoor activities are mostly impossible at the destination. Hotel and resort owners give discounts in the wet seasons. You will enjoy discounts if you choose the wet seasons to stay in Melia Cayo Coco.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities Provided by The Resort
Hotel Melia Cayo Coco has the following amenities:
- Overwater bungalows
- An exclusive beach
- 5 On-site restaurants, bars, and lounge
- Beachfront guest rooms
- Rainfall showers
- Large outdoor pool
- Fitness center, tennis court, beach volleyball court
- Its unique location in the Jardines del Rey archipelago makes it the best option for a great variety of watersports.
How to get to Melia Cayo Coco
Ordinarily, your flight to Cayo Coco should drop you at the Jardines del Rey Airport. However, if your stop is not Cayo Coco, you should board a taxi to get there. From Cayo Coco Airport, take a taxi to Hotel Melia. It should not cost more than $50.
Pros of Hotel Melia Cayo Coco
Hotel Melia is an adults-only resort. That means you can enjoy activities tailored for grown-ups.
- There is a large game room.
- You have direct access to use the exclusive beach.
- The rooms are spacious, clean, and allow great views.
- Free parking is available for the guests.
- The resort offers a transfer from/to the airport for its guests.
- The Romance by Meliá Cuba program serves special services for honeymooners.
Cons of Hotel Melia Cayo Coco
- You cannot bring your kids to Melia Cayo Coco. It is an adults-only resort.
- You have to pay to use the WiFi. Some guests complained about the long password.
The first time I visited Hotel Melia Cayo Coco, I went with a few friends. The activities we participated in were adult-appropriate and fun. I went alone the second time, and my experience was no less magical than my first visit. The bottomline is, if you ever need a romantic getaway destination for yourself and your spouse, book a room at Melia Cayo Coco.