Moorea is located in French Polynesia’s Society Islands, the largest group of islands in this South Pacific paradise. The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa sits between Cook’s Bay and Opunohu Bay on the northern side of Moorea. Lush green mountain peaks are the backdrop for this lovely resort. The primary feature is a romantic palm-lined shoreline overlooking turquoise-blue clear waters. Tourists worldwide travel to this island resort to take in the breathtaking scenery, relax, play, and be pampered.
Lodging & Activities
This island resort has 106 bungalows. Premium bungalows are overwater accessed by a boardwalk from the main building, with some featuring glass-bottomed floors with direct access to the lagoon. Travelers also can choose beachfront-facing bungalows or garden-view bungalows, some with private plunge pools. All bungalows feature furnished outdoor terraces or balconies, spacious living areas with plush furnishings, minibars, and coffee makers, modern bathrooms with showers and stand-alone tubs, air conditioning, TV, and internet.
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa guests will love the endless choice of water activities such as fishing, jet skiing, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling, water skiing, and windsurfing. For guests who prefer to remain on land, enjoy the tropical views of the island beachside or poolside from your lounge chair with food and drink service. Stay active at the tennis court and the glass-enclosed fitness center, or relax at the wellness spa and jacuzzi.
Dining & Entertainment
Guests can enjoy the resort’s numerous dining and entertainment options, including:
- The Arii Vahine Restaurant is open for indoor and terrace breakfast and dinner with buffet and ala carte options.
- The waterfront Rotui Grill & Bar is perfect for drinks and a light lunch.
- Don’t miss the sunset happy hour from 4-7 pm with cocktails and tapas at the Eimeo Bar, featuring the best panoramic lagoon views.
- The Toatea Creperie serves dinner and dessert crepes and cocktails on the overwater bungalow deck with a fabulous lagoon view.
- Twice a week, the Rotui Grill and Bar hosts the Polynesian cultural show, complete with fire dancers and an extensive buffet.
The Hilton Moorea Resort Lagoon & Spa is a five-star resort that has received the 2008 World Travel Awards for French Polynesia’s Best Spa Resort and the 2010 Traveler’s Choice Award by TripAdvisor for “Best Romance in the World.”
When Is the Best Time to Visit?
French Polynesia is in the tropics, so it has dry and wet seasons rather than spring, summer, autumn, and winter. May through October is Moorea’s dry season. Despite the dryness, the temperatures average between 71°F and 80°F. The wet season in the South Pacific extends from November through April in the South Pacific, with daily tropical showers that rarely last longer than 30 minutes. However, cyclones are always possible during the rainy season.
Rooms & Services Available
What Amenities Does the Resort Provide?
As you would expect from the Hilton chain, the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa provides many amenities, including:
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Beach chairs and sun umbrellas provided
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players
- Free Parking
- Free in-room and lobby WIFI
- iPod docks
- Meeting Rooms
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- 3 On-Site Restaurants
- Outdoor Pool
- Room Service
- In-room safes
- Spa with free-to-use sauna and steam room
- Free Water sport activities such as canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, and snorkeling on site
How To Get to The Resort
Moorea is a 7-minute flight or 30-minute catamaran ride from Tahiti. It is a 20-minute drive from the Moorea Airport and a 25-minute drive from the Moorea Ferry Dock. If you contact the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa 2 days before your arrival, they will organize a transfer from either the ferry dock or Moorea Airport (for a fee per person, each way, charged at check-out).
- The overwater bungalows are incredible.
- The Rooms are clean and well-appointed.
- It offers many free activities.
- The resort is family-friendly, with childcare.
- It has the best snorkeling on the island.
- Desk staff can be slow to respond to requests.
- The is very little privacy between the bathroom and bedroom due to a low wall.
- The fitness center is small with limited and outdated equipment.
- Food and drinks are expensive.
The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa is an excellent choice for a once-in-a-lifetime South Pacific vacation. The resort is a blend of the Polynesian culture and style with the amenities one would expect from the Hilton brand. Visitors are offered stunning surroundings to dine, play, and be pampered.