Oia is located on Santorini's northwest coast. It takes only a 20-minute drive from Fira and a 25-minute drive from the airport to get to this town. Oia is renowned for its breathtaking views of the sun setting, great restaurants, and upscale shopping.
There aren't any hotels in Santorini that are truly all-inclusive. Hotels in Santorini are typically modest and family-owned. Although, the island is renowned for its opulent lodgings. There are also several top-notch hotels there.
About Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa
Santo Maris Oia Hotel is a breath of fresh air on the stunning island of Santorini. This resort has a peaceful and unwinding vibe. Aegean Sea views may be enjoyed from one of the hotel's five enormous infinity pools, which are a great place to unwind. Visitors can also use the hotel's sauna, steam room, heated indoor pool, and fitness center. It features 57 suites, each with a different size, view, and style for lodging.
The luxury hotel has won numerous awards and distinctions for its outstanding service. They include:
- Booking.com — Traveler Review Award 2022
- World's Leading Boutique Resort 2021 in the World Travel Awards
- Europe’s Leading Boutique Resort 2021 in the World Travel Awards
- Greece’s Leading Island Villas 2021 in the World Travel Awards
Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa, Santorini's newly-built all-suite hotel, was honored by the prestigious "World Spa Awards" by being named "Greece's Best Resort Spa" for the second year in a row, and the "Europe's Best Resort Spa" title in 2021.
The Best Time To Visit
From late April to early November, when the weather is lovely, and it rarely rains, is the ideal time to visit this Greek island. Travel in June, July, August, or September for nightlife, warmer weather, swimming, and sunbathing. March through May or early October through late December are the ideal months for sightseeing and pleasant weather.
The shoulder season (November to March) and off-peak months (April, May, and October) are much less expensive than the summer. The cost of trips, lunches, and transportation hardly ever varies with the time of year.
Rooms & Services Available
Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa has the following amenities:
- Pool: There is a heated indoor pool in the spa. There are five outdoor, unheated pools on the property, including a bar near the main pool.
- Spa: Excellent holistic spa offering a wide range of therapies based on Greek and international healing traditions, together with top-notch amenities (heated pool, hammam, baths, sauna, and cryotherapy).
- Fitness Center: This compact gym is well-stocked with weights, a cable machine, and cardio equipment. On request, yoga instructors are available.
- Restaurant: Their fine dining restaurant, Alios Ilios, delivers Cretan dishes with influences from across Greece, as well as a wide range of local wines. In addition to their regular menu, they also offer an 8- or 11-course tasting dish with wine pairings. This vantage point, which faces the Aegean and is on the main level with the pool, is excellent for viewing the setting sun.
How To Get There
The hotel is easily accessible by taxi, vehicle, or bus because it is situated on the main northern route leaving Oia. The distance between the hotel and the Santorini Airport is roughly 18 kilometers, but they are located in different directions. Buses leaving from Santorini Airport and those waiting at the ferry terminal meet every ferry arrival. Buses do not run directly from the airport or port to Oia.
Some advantages of staying at the Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa. They include:
- Beautiful architecture and interior design. This hotel is stunning, from the lobby's large glass fireplace to the white and gray-themed residences and villas.
- Oia is close by. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from the center of town, but it seems secluded. Santo Maris is also accessible by car, located just off the major road.
- With a steam room, cryotherapy capabilities, and a heated indoor pool, the onsite spa is the largest on Santorini. A variety of relaxation therapies are available to help you relax and unwind.
- The hotel is designated as a "boutique hotel," which means it is wheelchair accessible, with two fully furnished suites near the front desk and ramps throughout the property. There are fewer steps than at many other hotels on Santorini, making it a welcoming environment for those with mobility concerns.
Although you would get a good value for your money, the hotel can be expensive.
This opulent resort is located in inland Oia, close to the village's finest restaurants, shopping, and activities. The exquisite dining establishment Alios Ilios in Santo Maris, as well as the majority of its accommodations, offer breathtaking Aegean Sea sunset views.
The resort's crown gem is the spa, which features first-rate amenities like a sauna and an indoor heated pool. Five outdoor pools on the property and friendly service round out the experience.