This is a review of the Playa Bacahtata Spa Resort, located in Puerto Plata on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. This resort caters to couples who want to take their relationship to another level. From what we’ve seen, there are plenty of activities for couples at this spa retreat, in addition to individual and group therapy sessions. This article will provide you with information about the price, amenities and services offered at this resort. We also provide recommendations based on your needs as a couple looking for an adult getaway. If you are planning a trip to the Dominican Republic, you may find this article helpful in planning your vacation.
Awards and Recognition
The Playa Bacahtata Spa Resort has received several awards for being a top resort in the Caribbean, including the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and an award from the Caribbean Tourism Organization. The resort was also recognized as one of the top spas in the world by Condé Nast Traveler. The resort has a 4.5/5 rating on TripAdvisor, with more than 4,500 reviews from guests. It has also received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor as one of the top resorts in the Caribbean based on guest reviews. The Caribbean Journal recognized the resort as one of the top 50 resorts in the Caribbean. The Journal also named the resort one of the top five spas in the Caribbean.
Best season to visit
The best time to visit the Dominican Republic is between December and April, when temperatures are mild and sunny, but not too hot. The humidity is also relatively low during this time. During this time, you can also expect fewer tourists. Many resorts have discounted rates during the winter months. You can expect warm water temperatures throughout the year. The only exception is February, when water temperatures are cooler due to the end of the hurricane season. You should also expect rain in the winter months, especially December and January.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities and facilities
The Playa Bacahtata Spa Resort has a wide variety of amenities and facilities for couples to enjoy. These include:
- Couple’s massage: The resort offers several types of couple’s massages. You can choose from Tantric massage, Swedish massage, Beach massage, Balinese oil massage and more.
- Couple’s activities: If you are looking for something to do, the resort offers a wide range of couple’s activities. These include Couples cooking classes, Couples cooking show, Couples dancing lessons, Couples disco night to name a few.
- Couple’s therapy: If you and your partner need some guidance or want a safe space to talk about your relationship, the resort offers a variety of couples therapy sessions. These include Couples therapy, Couples communication, Couples empowerment and Couples meditation.
Pros and Cons
There are several things that we like about the Playa Bacahtata Spa Resort, but there is also room for improvement. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider when deciding if this resort is right for you.
- This is one of the few couples’ only resorts in the Caribbean. If you’re looking for a quiet, peaceful and relaxing getaway, this is probably the best option for you.
- The resort has a gorgeous beachfront location. You can enjoy the sand and water, or you can participate in any of the water sports offered.
- The spa offers a wide range of services and treatments. You can indulge in a massage, facial or body treatment. You can also try out one of the yoga or meditation classes.
- The resort offers a wide range of activities for couples. You can participate in cooking classes, meditation, dancing or any other activity you are interested in.
- The resort attracts couples who are open to exploring the kinky side of relationships. If you are not interested in these types of activities, this may not be the best resort for you.
- The resort has a strict couples-only policy. This means that you cannot bring any friends or family members with you.
- The resort is expensive. This is one of the most expensive resorts in the Caribbean. If you are on a budget, you may want to look for a different resort.
- The resort hosts events and workshops for couples. If you are not interested in these activities, you may feel like you are at a high school dance where you don’t know anyone.
If you are traveling from the United States, you will likely fly into the Puerto Plata airport, which is about a one-hour drive from the Playa Bacahtata Spa Resort. Puerto Plata is a Dominican Republic tourism hotspot and is known for its beautiful beaches, natural attractions and its rich culture. The region’s climate is humid and tropical, with a rainy season that typically occurs between May and November. You may also fly into Santo Domingo and take a 45-minute car ride to the resort.
If you are looking for a couples-only resort where you can enjoy tropical beaches, lush forests and blue water, the Playa Bacahtata Spa Resort is a great choice. This is a luxurious resort, so expect to pay a higher price compared to other Caribbean resorts. The facilities and amenities are top-notch, and the resort hosts a wide range of activities and therapies that you can participate in as a couple. If you are planning a trip to the Dominican Republic, you may find this article helpful in planning your vacation.