Guam or Guahan, renowned as the ‘Jewel of the Mariana Islands, is a stunning unincorporated territory of the United States. This Micronesian nation is located in the western North Pacific Ocean, about three-quarters of the way from Hawaii to the Philippines. Known for its miles of white-sand beaches, crystal clear ocean waters, mesmerizing coral reefs, fascinating dive sites, fascinating culture and history, exotic wildlife, and friendly locals, Guam is a vivid tourist spot that ticks all the boxes for a great vacation.
Tumon is the center of Guam’s booming tourist industry with luxury hotels and resorts, high-end shopping, bustling nightlife, and adult entertainment. Located at the heart of Tumon is Guam Reef Hotel, a modern four-star property that was built in 1974. This beachside hotel is easy to find since it is strategically positioned close to public facilities. The property is a one-minute walk (0.3 km) from Tumon Beach and a 10-minute drive from Guam International Airport. Guam Reef Hotel provides an unforgettable experience through its exclusive services, completed by a full range of facilities that cater to all your needs.
Best Season to Visit
Guam is warm all year round, so you can expect some heat whenever you travel. Only on rare occasions does the temperature dip below 70°F (21.1°C) or 90°F (32.2°C). The dry season from January to May, being drier and slightly cooler than the rainy season (July through December) is generally considered the best time to visit Guam. The Guam Reef Hotel typically raises its prices as more crowds of tourists tend to flock to this island paradise during this time.
While the rainy season - the off-season in Guam - is when the hotel’s rates are at their lowest and more affordable than usual.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities And Services Offered by The Guam Reef Hotel
Featured facilities at the hotel include a large outdoor swimming pool, infinity pool, spa, wellness center, fitness center, nightclub, rooftop bar, and hot tub. There are three restaurants on-site at the Guam Reef Hotel, along with a coffee shop and snack bar. The guestrooms at the hotel are air-conditioned and fitted with an electric kettle, a water dispenser, a fridge, free Wi-Fi, and a TV with satellite channels. The ensuite bathrooms come equipped with complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, a hairdryer, and a bathtub.
This beachside hotel also boasts a concierge, room service, and a 24-hour front desk with bilingual staff who speak English and Japanese to help make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. Moreover, you also have access to limited free parking and laundry facilities for an extra charge.
How To Get There
As mentioned before, Guam Reef Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the airport, making it easily accessible and navigable. On booking four or more nights, the hotel arranges free round-trip transportation between the hotel and the airport. For maximum convenience, Guam Reef Hotel has an on-site car park for those who wish to drive their cars. Additionally, if you're looking for an easy way to get around Guam with private transportation, the hotel can arrange shuttle services.
Guam Reef Hotel Pros
- The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Tumon and is walkable the most tourist attractions.
- The price of a room is cheaper, when compared to neighboring properties in this area.
- It is positioned in such a way that it gives a spectacular view of the Tumon beach and ocean regardless of which floor or room you choose to book.
- The front desk is open 24 hours a day, assisting guests with whatever concerns or questions they may have.
- The staff at this beachside hotel is professional, friendly, and efficient.
- The rooms are neat, bright, and spacious.
- You can enjoy international cuisines at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants and 2 bars/lounges.
- Guests can take advantage of the complimentary self-parking available at the hotel site.
- The rooms at the hotel tend to be damp at times, but that is probably because of the wet climate of Guam.
- Although the free WIFI is widespread, it's really slow and spotty.
- The decor at the hotel may seem outdated and drabby to most people since it was built decades ago.
When visiting this mesmerizing and absolutely breathtaking Micronesian nation, Guam Reef Hotel has been my go-to for as long as I can remember. My unwavering loyalty to this hotel stems from the convenience of its location, the stunning view, cooperative staff, seemingly countless facilities and amenities, numerous recreational activities, and affordable accommodations. Whether you are on a solo trip, on your honeymoon, with family, or traveling with your friends, I would definitely recommend that you check out the Guam Reef Hotel.