Stay just steps from the beach at this peaceful Saint Lucia resort. Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa is a small property with a big emphasis on nature and sustainability. Check in at the spa to get your wristband and then head to your room. Your private cottage comes complete with outdoor shower, a hammock, an outdoor patio and two queen beds. Everything is very clean and the bedding is comfortable; you may not want to leave. The grounds are really nice, especially if you like plants and trees. A great deal of work has been done to make sure everything is biodegradable so it’s eco-friendly too! The restaurant serves up fresh fish and great local dishes for breakfast (included), lunch, and dinner (additional cost). It’s also possible to order snacks from the menu 24/7 from your in-room refrigerator so don’t worry about going hungry here. There are a few activities on site such as yoga classes or aqua aerobics but if that isn’t your thing there are plenty of other things to do off site as well including hikes through the rainforest or exploring other beaches nearby such as Anse Secret or Anse Cochon.
Awards and Recognition
Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa has been recognized with a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, a Certificate of Excellence from Booking.com, and listed in the top 10 hotels in St. Lucia by Travel and Leisure.
Best season to visit
St. Lucia’s weather is tropical year-round so it’s a great destination for just about any time of the year. The only thing to keep in mind is that the rainy season (May through October) can get a little more active than the rest of the year. If you’re not a fan of rain you might want to avoid that time of year.
Rooms & Services Available
- Hammocks and outdoor lounges
- Open-air outdoor bathrooms
- In-room refrigerators
- Free use of kayaks and paddle boards
- Beachside yoga
- Full-service spa
- Golf nearby
- Private beach-front cabanas and plenty of lounge chairs
- Yoga and fitness classes throughout the day
- Sustainably sourced and locally grown food
As mentioned above, this resort does have an all-inclusive plan for meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) but for some it might be nice to know that there are also a few restaurants nearby too. - Akana Beach - This nearby spot is perfect for breakfast or lunch. - Lobster Pot - There’s an all-you-can-eat lobster dinner that happens on Wednesday nights here. - Tamarind - This restaurant has plenty of yummy seafood and local dishes on the menu. - St. Lucian cuisine - The food here is made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Kayaking - You can paddle to nearby beaches and see amazing wildlife up close.
- Paddle boarding - Another popular paddle boarding excursion to take is to Anse Cochon.
- Guided hiking tours - This tour will take you to a waterfall and a nearby village.
- Eco-tours - These tours are great for people who are interested in learning more about the local flora and fauna.
- Scuba diving - There’s an underwater reef nearby that you can explore.
- Private car and driver service - This is great if you want to see some of the nearby sights.
- Private sailing and sunset cruises - These are very popular excursions that you can do nearby.
- Private horseback riding excursions - For those who want to see the island from the back of a horse, this is a popular excursion to take.
Airports: The closest airport is Hewanorra Airport (UVF) which is about a 50-minute (65km) drive from the resort. Flights from the U.S. are more frequent in the fall and winter months. Ferries: Another option is to take a ferry from Guadaloupe or Martinique. This may be a little bit more affordable but is a significantly longer trip of about 10 hours.
Pros and Cons
While this is a very eco-friendly resort, there are a few things to keep in mind. It’s a smaller resort with only 22 rooms so it can feel a little bit more intimate than some of the other nearby resorts. It’s great if you want to see and explore the surroundings. You may not get the same level of service or level of activities as you would at a larger resort. It’s near a few other popular resorts so you might have to share the beach and there may be more traffic than you would expect if you were staying at a smaller property.
Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa is an eco-friendly and intimate resort that is located steps from a beautiful beach. This is a great option for couples looking to get away from it all and relax in a tranquil and peaceful environment. With the all-inclusive plan, you can enjoy hearty and healthy meals at a reasonable price. Activities nearby include kayaking, hiking, and scuba diving.