Royalton St. Lucia, an Autograph Collection resort, offers a high-end experience that has something for everyone. As an all-inclusive resort with standard amenities, it’s perfect for families who want to relax at a beautiful escape without worrying about cost or logistics. This well-oiled machine of a resort comes with everything you need and expect from your vacation – and then some. The property caters to couples as well as families and has lots of activities on offer so guests don’t feel bored if they don’t have other friends or family along. If you’re looking for adult vacations in St. Lucia, keep reading for details about Royalton Saint Lucia and its adult activities, food and beverage offerings, hotel rooms and more!
What to Expect at Royalton Saint Lucia
Royalton Saint Lucia is a luxury all-inclusive resort that is an ideal vacation destination for everyone, including families, couples, and honeymooners. With a stunning setting on the northern coast of the island and just a short drive from the airport, it’s a perfect choice for your St. Lucia vacation. The property offers a wide variety of amenities and activities, including beach sports, a spa, a kids club, and more. The hotel is all-suite, with both one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites available. The one-bedroom suite has a king-size bed, a sofa bed, and a large balcony with a hammock. The two-bedroom suite can be split into two separate rooms with two king-size beds. Each room in the hotel has a mini-fridge stocked with water and soda, as well as snacks like granola bars and cookies. The Royalton is a great choice if you want to relax on an all-inclusive vacation, but also want options to explore the island. It’s a short drive to the north coast beaches, Soufriere, and other attractions that make St. Lucia such a great vacation.
Awards and Recognition
The Royalton Saint Lucia has been recognized as a top luxury all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean by top travel publications. It’s been listed as one of the World’s Best Places to Stay by Conde Nast Traveler, one of the Top 25 Hotels in the Caribbean by Travel + Leisure, and one of the Top 10 Family-Friendly Hotels in the Caribbean by Parents Magazine. Royalton St. Lucia also offers a wide range of options for different dietary preferences and allergies, including a vegetarian menu, vegan menu, gluten-free menu, and a kid’s menu. Many of the food and beverage choices can be found at Palm Beach, the buffet-style restaurant located centrally in the resort. Guests can also take advantage of any of the six a la carte restaurants at Royalton St. Lucia, which include Japanese, Italian, Caribbean, and French cuisines.
Best season to visit
Even though the island is a year-round destination, the best time to visit Royalton St. Lucia is during the dry season in the winter (June to October). The summer months (December to May) are rainy, but you can still enjoy a relaxing vacation at the resort. If you have children, they will love the rainy season at Royalton St. Lucia, as they can play in the rain and splash around in the ponds. The rest of the year is dry and sunny, but can be very hot, so come prepared with lots of sunscreen and water.
Rooms & Services Available
- Beach - There are three beautiful beaches to enjoy at Royalton Saint Lucia, including an adults-only beach, a family beach, and a beach for couples. The main beach is a great place to lounge in cabanas, with a nearby pool for cooling off. The family beach is great for kids, with a shallow water entry and lots of water sports available. The couples beach is just for adults, so it’s a great place for romance.
- Spa - Royalton St. Lucia’s spa offers a wide range of services, including aromatherapy, facials, and body treatments. There are also yoga and meditation classes available at the spa.
- Kid’s Club - The Royalton St. Lucia has a kids club with daily activities for children aged 4 to 12. Kids can build sandcastles, go sailing, and play in the water.
- Water Sports - Guests at Royalton St. Lucia can go paddleboarding, kayaking, and snorkeling right off the beach.
- Tennis - The resort has four clay tennis courts with lights, including a stadium court with a seating area.
- Shopping - The Royalton St. Lucia has a small shop with souvenirs and gifts, but the best shopping is found in the nearby town.
- Mini Golf - There’s a 9-hole mini golf course at the resort, which is open to all ages.
Activities at Royalton Saint Lucia
There are lots of swimming options at Royalton St. Lucia. Families can splash around at the main pool, or enjoy the calm waters of the infinity pool. Couples can relax in a cabana at the adults-only infinity pool. The resort’s on-site naturalist can help you plan a hike to the Gros Piton peak, the highest point in St. Lucia. Alternatively, you can also hike to see nearby waterfalls. Indulge in a relaxing massage at the spa, which uses local ingredients like coconut oil. Guests can visit nearby sights like the Sulphur Springs and the botanical gardens. There are also plenty of opportunities for shopping at markets in the nearby town of Castries.
Dining at Royalton Saint Lucia
The Royalton St. Lucia has six restaurants on site with a wide array of cuisine options.
- Palm Beach - The main buffet-style restaurant offers lots of American and Caribbean-style dishes, as well as a children’s menu.
- Bayside Grill - The Bayside Grill serves seafood and grills.
- Blue Lagoon - Blue Lagoon serves Asian dishes.
- The Brazilian - The Brazilian offers South American cuisine.
- Tides - Tides serves French cuisine.
- Chez Lani - This a la carte restaurant serves Caribbean cuisine.
Outside the resort, guests can visit the nearby town of Castries or Soufriere, where they can find additional restaurants.
The easiest way to get to St. Lucia is to fly into the island’s V.C. Bird Airport. Royalton St. Lucia offers complimentary transportation for guests to and from the airport. If you’re traveling from the U.S., you can fly direct from New York City, Miami, or New Orleans. You can also connect through other Caribbean islands like the Dominican Republic. If you’re traveling from Canada, you can fly direct from Toronto or Montreal. You can also connect through another Caribbean island like Barbados.
Pros and Cons
- Royalton St. Lucia is a full-service resort that offers a high level of customer service and attention to detail.
- The resort has a wide range of activities and things to do, so you’re never bored.
- The spa offers a wide variety of treatments, including acupuncture.
- The resort has a kids club with daily activities and a dedicated kids menu at the buffet-style restaurant.
- The adults-only infinity pool is a great place to relax and enjoy the views.
- The resort is very large, so it can take time to get around, especially if you’re walking.
- The resort is very popular, so it can feel very busy at times.
- The resort is a bit out of the way, so you’ll need to travel to nearby towns and sights.
- The food at the all-inclusive resort is very Americanized and not very authentic.
- Vacationing at a very large resort can limit your ability to meet other travelers and make new friends.
- The food and beverage are not included at the a la carte restaurants, but are at the buffet restaurant.
- The resort is an all-inclusive, so there are no nearby shops or markets where you can shop.
If you’re looking for a luxury vacation in the Caribbean, you can’t get any better than this. From the moment you arrive at this Saint Lucian hideaway, you’ll feel like royalty. You’ll be greeted with a rum punch as you check in, and then you’ll be whisked away to your room in a private lift. Your presidential suite will be stocked with everything you might need on your vacation. You can order room service, or you can enjoy a private concierge who will help you plan your time at the resort. You’ll have access to the private beaches and pools, as well as a spa offering everything from massages to facials.