Situated only ten nautical miles from Tahiti, Moorea is an overlooked island of French Polynesia, often neglected in the shadows of its more famous neighbor. However, with eight towering mountain peaks standing sentinel over the shore’s translucent lagoons, Moorea is an island of geographical marvels that make it one of the most visually striking destinations in the world. Unlike Tahiti, which has experienced a significant commercialization build-up, Moorea has maintained its small island vibes and only features a small collection of tourist resorts on its shores.
When visiting the island, the opulence and services of the Residence Moorea Sunset Beach Hotel are unmatched. From its traditional Polynesian stylings to its diverse room selection fully serviced with luxury amenities, the Residence Moorea Sunset Beach Hotel is one of the top Moorea Resorts on the island.
Best Time to Book
The peak tourist season in Moorea is between May and November. As a tropical destination in the Southern Hemisphere, the island experiences its dry season during this time, and visitors to its shores will be rewarded with plenty of sunshine and minimal rainfalls throughout their stay. However, with these optimal weather conditions comes increased nightly rates. With an influx of incoming tourists arriving at the island during these months, many Moorea resorts will often increase their nightly rates to accommodate the increased demand.
For a more affordable stay at the Residence Moorea Sunset Beach Hotel, visitors should look to book their trip during the region’s off-season, which runs from December to April. While precipitation levels are higher during these months, rainfalls are often heavy and scattered, with the island still boasting plenty of sunshine throughout the season. The shoulder months of November and May are particularly great times to book a stay at the hotel and offer a fantastic combination of moderate weather conditions and pricing
Rooms & Services Available
The Residence Moorea Sunset Beach Hotel is a four-star hotel and offers a diverse set of accommodation options. Each unit featured in the hotel’s catalogue is fully serviced with a/c, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining and seating area, and a flat-screen TV.
- 1st Floor Suite: The hotel’s base accommodation unit, the 1st-floor suite, features two rooms and can house up to four people. Along with the amenities provided in all the resort’s units, the 1st-floor suite also has a spacious terrace furnished with a dining table, six chairs, and two sun loungers. This unit is a favourite among guests travelling with children or as a small group
- Garden Suite: Serviced with the same amenities as the 1st-floor suite, the garden suite provides guests with the added comforts of its garden access. The room features a large terrace and an outdoor shower perfect for cooling off on a hot day. For added space, guests should book the Garden Suite Exclusive. Adding an additional bedroom to its services, the exclusive garden suite is the best option for larger families and groups of up to six people.
- Private Bungalows: There are two varieties of private bungalows featured at the resort. The first is the Garden Bungalow. Located at the heart of the hotel’s tropical garden, this unit combines traditional Polynesian stylings with the comforts of modern materials in a way that weaves exoticism with luxury while accommodating up to 6 people. Alternatively, guests can book one of the hotel’s Beach Bungalows. With all the luxury amenities of the Garden Bungalow, this unit has the added convenience of being located directly on the beach. However, with one less bedroom, the Beach Bungalow can only accommodate up to four people.
Located 15 km from Temae Airport, the Residence Moorea Sunset Beach Hotel is easily reachable by private transfer or group shuttles. For convenience, the resort is happy to arrange private transfers, but transport should be arranged before arrival. The hotel reception is available 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on the weekends.
Hotel Pros and Cons
- Full-sized kitchens in each room
- Diverse accommodation selections
- On-site tennis courts
- Easy transport from the airport
- Convenient location by the beach and other services
- No on-site restaurant
- No pool, but it does offer beach access
- Bugs can become a problem, especially in the wet season
The Residence Moorea Sunset Beach Hotel is serviced with the best luxury amenities on the island. Its diverse accommodation selection packaged with its convenient location along a world-class beach and near many restaurants and shops make it one of the best Moorea Resorts for hosting your stay to the island.