With its lovely oceanfront setting, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is a beautiful place to be. The Beach has adorable sand at its Kauna’oa Bay. The accommodations are serene yet sophisticated. Little wonder, it is one of the most remarkable places in Hawaii.
This lovely hotel is located at 62-100 Mauna Kea Beach Drive, Kohala Coast, Hawaii, USA, 96743. Since 1965 when it was opened, the resort has maintained its impressiveness and relevance. You would love it.
This article takes you on a journey of all you can expect during your visit. Follow closely.
Awards and Recognition
Like a big one, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel has received top recognition in different categories. Here are some of the major ones:
- American Institute of Architects Honor Award in 1967
- American Institute of Architects Honor Award in 2007
- Conde Nast Traveler’s 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards
- Andrew Harper’s Grand Award for Best Bar in 2017
- Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List 2015
Best time to Visit and Cost
The best time to visit Mauna Kea Beach is between May through October. This season marks the visible Manta-Ray because it is their mating period. You would find a lot of them at the shorelines during this time.
Similarly, this time experiences more people because it covers two seasons – winter and summer. People love to visit the beaches and have an excellent time with friends, family, and other loved ones.
However, the cost is pocket-friendly.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities And Activities at The Hotel
As a top destination, there are several quality amenities in Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. They include:
At the Resort
- Nighttime Manta Ray Snorkel: You can create an unending experience during your visit. Mantra Ray Snorkel is known for its nighttime excitement. You can have a snorkel tour with everyone.
- Oceanside Tennis Club: For lovers of Tennis, Oceanside Tennis Club is the right spot for you.
- White Sand Beaches: There are two beaches in Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. They are world-class beaches that are formed through lava or rough coral. Little wonder, they are regarded as renowned beaches in America and the world.
- Beach Restaurant and bar: There are 12 epicurean lounges and restaurants. You can enjoy sumptuous delicacies. With their proper understanding of traditions, there are lovely meals you would want. You can savor and sip sweet flavors from all these eateries too.
- Championship Golf: Playing golf is one of the reasons many adults love to explore this resort. The golf setup is championship standard, and you would love every bit of it.
- Luxury Spa: The spa has modern-day facilities that allow users to relax and enjoy maximum comfort. After going around with your tour plans, you can wrap it up at the luxury spa.
- Fitness center: for men and women who want to stay fit, the fitness center has the proper structure. From the equipment to the lovely adorable, you will remain healthy.
- Freshwater and Heated Swimming pools: you can decide to have a cold bath on a sunny day or be in the heated pools on a cold day. The resort offers both options to satisfy its guests.
At the Beach
- Changing Rooms: Changing rooms allow you to wear comfy clothes.
- Showers: You can take showers whenever you think you need one.
- Limited Parking lot: Your vehicle is safe in the parking space with a fee buck.
How To There
Getting to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is a direct experience. Follow the winding roads (30 miles) and keep moving towards the Queen Kaahumanu Highway. Keep at the highway till you pass Hapuna Beach Market and mile marker 68.
Right after mile marker 68, there is the entrance to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel by the left. Stay on that road that ends in their parking lot. You get to pay $10 for parking in the resort. You can walk into the hotel and enjoy all its amenities.
Visiting this beach hotel allows users to enjoy several benefits like:
- Guests enjoy exclusive access to the beach
- Great attractions like the Hapuna Golf Course
- Shallow waters for kids to catch fun
- Perfect spot for adventure and family time
There are some possible cons while at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel you should watch out for:
- No lifeguards
- Parking is limited and not free
- Bring along your items like water and sunscreen
Hawaii adults resorts are the perfect getaway spots for a couple. Also, it is a lovely environment for families because of its provision for children. No doubt, you will love everything about it.