Constance Lemuria Resort is located on the remote, private island of St. Astier in the Seychelles archipelago. This luxury eco-resort with a focus on nature and wellness opened its doors in July 2016 after an extensive renovation of an old colonial plantation house and its surrounding plantation. At 110 acres, Constance Lemuria is one of the largest resorts in the Seychelles and features 280 guest rooms, including 52 luxury villas with their own infinity pools. The property also offers 21 different dining options; spa services; activities like snorkeling, golfing, fishing and hiking; and plenty of indoor and outdoor spaces to relax, get pampered or sweat it out. In this review we will take you on a tour of the resort so that you can decide if it is the right fit for your next vacation in paradise!
Awards and Recognition
Since the Constance Lemuria Resort opened its doors, it has been collecting accolades from travel and lifestyle magazines, online travel guides and even from the United Nations! Let’s see how the Lemuria stands up to these awards and recognition. Constance Lemuria has been recognized as the best luxury eco-resort in the world by travel and lifestyle magazines like Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, two of the most respected travel magazines in the world. The resort was also named the world’s best new hotel and best eco-resort by the readers of Conde Nast Traveller and was awarded best resort in the Indian Ocean and best resort in the south Pacific by the readers of Travel + Leisure Magazine. The United Nations has recognized the resort as a certified ‘wellness destination’ and a platinum member of the ‘outstanding’ sustainable tourism initiative, the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
Best season to visit
The Seychelles are an ideal vacation destination all year round but are especially popular in the high season between December and April. You will find that the prices are lower and the crowds smaller outside this period. During this time you get warm, sunny days with temperatures in the mid-80s Fahrenheit and little chance of rain. The monsoon season that lasts from June to November is a bit more unpredictable with occasional showers and more humid days so you might want to take that into account when planning your vacation.
Rooms & Services Available
Activities and Facilities
Constance Lemuria Resort offers a wide range of activities to keep you busy and active, no matter what the weather is like. Some of them are included in the price of your stay while others will add a little fee to your travel budget. So what are your options for activities at the Lemuria?
- Fitness and Wellness: The resort features a large fitness and wellness centre with indoor and outdoor facilities, including a full-service spa that offers a wide range of treatments, a gym, yoga, meditation and spinning classes.
- Kids’ Club: If you are travelling with children, this is a great option. The kids’ club is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and offers a wide range of activities, including crafts, sports, games, nature walks, sea kayaking and swimming.
- Golf: Lemuria has a 9-hole golf course that is open to both guests and nonguests. If you are looking for a challenge, the course has a par of 77, but if you are new to the game, you can play off the Gold Tee which is much shorter.
- Watersports: Lemuria offers kayaking, paddle boarding and a full range of scuba diving activities.
Dining at Constance Lemuria Resort
Dining is one of the highlights at the Lemuria and you can choose from a variety of different venues and cuisines.
- The Beach Café: This is a casual dining option for a quick bite during the day or for drinks and snacks.
- The Beach Terrace: This is a buffet-style restaurant that offers a wide range of dishes, including Asian, Indian and local cuisine.
- The Beach Restaurant: This restaurant offers a daily-changing menu that features fresh seafood and local produce.
- The Garden Restaurant: This is an alfresco dining option that features a tasting menu as well as a la carte options.
- The Steakhouse: This is an ultimate carnivore’s dream, an indoor restaurant that offers a wide range of cuts and flavors, including Wagyu and Kobe steaks.
- The Bread Shop: This is a great place to get freshly baked goods and pastries for breakfast or any other meal.
- The Ginger Bar: This Asian-themed restaurant offers modern Asian cuisine.
- The Fish and Chips Factory: This casual dining option is a classic example of British food.
Getting to the Seychelles is relatively easy as there are direct flights from major cities around the world. The Lemuria is located on the island of St. Astier, about 15 minutes from the main airport. If you opt for the ‘private jet’ experience, the resort will arrange a private plane to pick you up in one of the main Seychelles airports, transfer you to St. Astier and take you back to your departure airport.
Pros and Cons
Pros of visiting the Constance Lemuria Resort:
- Luxury: Luxury is the word that best describes the experience at the Lemuria. The resort is huge and offers a wide range of amenities and activities, including a golf course and a 9-hole golf course, wellness facilities, a spa, multiple dining options and loads of indoor and outdoor spaces and places to relax, unwind and be pampered.
- Children: If you are travelling with children, this resort is a perfect fit. The kids’ club offers a wide range of activities, the staff is very friendly and welcoming towards children and the general vibe at the resort is very family-friendly.
- Nature: The Lemuria is an eco-friendly resort and it offers guests the chance to explore and get to know nature and its inhabitants, including the birds, turtles and the giant coconut crabs.
Cons of visiting the Constance Lemuria Resort:
- Price: The resort is very expensive, and most people will have to take out a loan to be able to stay there. If you want to stay here without going bankrupt, you will have to book very early to get the best deals.
- Weather: The weather in the Seychelles is very unpredictable, and you can go from sunny and warm to rainy and windy in an instant.
- Shoutout: The Lemuria is a great option for people who want to be pampered and get to know nature and its inhabitants, but those who want to party, this is not the place for them.
If you are looking for a luxury eco-friendly experience with plenty of activities, indoor and outdoor spaces to relax and unwind, and a wide range of dining options, the Constance Lemuria Resort is the place for you. If you are a couple or a family, this is a great option, but if you are travelling as a group of friends or want to party, you might want to look somewhere else. If you want a perfect vacation in paradise, you will have to be ready to pay top dollar. The Constance Lemuria Resort is one of the most expensive resorts in the world and caters to those who want to be pampered, get to know nature and its inhabitants and have plenty of activities to do.