When thinking about the Greek islands, Santorini is almost always the first island that springs to mind. The island is world-famous for its iconic white and blue cubic houses clinging to cliffs overlooking the caldera. The Mediterranean climate, sweeping views of the striking blue sea, and stunning sunsets make Santorini a dreamy destination for romantic getaways and honeymooners alike.
There’s no better place to stay than Villa Bordeaux. This 5-star luxury boutique hotel has a central location in Fira Town, Santorini’s capital. Its prime location means you get the best of both worlds: a quiet, relaxing haven at the edge of a vibrant tourist hub. Recent renovations to the 19th-century historical building combine classic Greek architecture with a sleek, modern interior.
Features and Amenities
The hotel offers four types of suites, varying in price and benefits. All suites have a private bathroom with complimentary toiletries, a flat-screen Smart TV, a kitchenette, and a mini bar. Guests also enjoy a complimentary breakfast daily. Villa Bordeaux’s top-of-the-range suites feature terraces and some even have a private plunge pool!
Step outside of your suite, and there is even more to enjoy. Villa Bordeaux houses the largest infinity pool in Fira Town, nestled up against the edge of the cliff with panoramic views of the caldera and Santorini’s famous candy-colored sunsets. Guests also have access to a poolside bar for drinks, a sun terrace, and a dedicated piano room. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel, and the friendly staff at the reception can organize tours and private boat cruises.
One of Villa Bordeaux’s most impressive features is its restaurant La Colline. French chef Jerome Coustillas is the head chef at this fine-dining restaurant. The incredible Michelin Star awarded chef serves a mixture of French, Greek, and grill-style cuisine. It’s the perfect place to enjoy dinner under the stars.
Rooms & Services Available
Best Time to Go
Santorini’s best weather is from June to September, boasting warm sunny days with temperatures reaching over 30 degrees Celsius. This is the peak tourist season, so the prices at Villa Bordeaux in Fira Town are at the higher end of the scale. April and October make up the shoulder seasons, where the weather is slightly cooler, and the prices are more affordable. Villa Bordeaux is closed in the off-season, from the beginning of November until the end of March. Our best tip for getting the best price is to book your suite well in advance. Last-minute bookings can mean much higher prices!
How To Get There
Santorini is situated in the Aegean Sea, roughly 200km south of the Greek mainland. You can access the island by plane or ferry, and Villa Bordeaux is an easy 8km distance from Santorini (Thira) Airport and Athinios Port. The hotel is only 300 meters from the Central Bus Station, but the hotel offers free airport shuttle services, which you can organize in advance for ease and peace of mind.
Villa Bordeaux Pros vs. Cons
There are plenty of reasons to stay at Villa Bordeaux, but here are our top 3:
- Unmatched location. Easy walking distance from top attractions, a peaceful spot not too far from the bustle of the town center, and breathtaking views. No need to hike to the overcrowded tourist spots for sunset!
- The infinity pool. The biggest of its kind in Fira Town, this pool is reserved exclusively for Villa Bordeaux guests, so it’s never overpopulated with tourists.
- Incredible customer service. The staff are renowned for their meticulous attention to detail, exceptionally high standards of customer service and their professional, friendly manner.
You can hardly call them ‘cons’, but here are a couple of things to keep in mind when planning your trip:
- This 5-star boutique hotel is popular and last-minute bookings can be pricey. Be sure to book your holiday well in advance.
- There’s no parking available on-site, which is something to consider if you are planning to rent a car. Lucky for you, the free airport shuttle and close proximity to the bus station mean you don’t need a car anyway!
Are you looking for luxury, elegance, privacy and romance on your Santorini holiday? Villa Bordeaux Fira Town is the perfect place to stay. With stylish suites, exquisite ocean-side meals and endless hours of basking in the Mediterranean sun, your stay won’t feel long enough. We’re confident you’ll be back again for more.