Hotel Marea Vista is a Boutique hotel located in the heart of Ensenada, Baja California. This boutique hotel offers excellent customer service and a beautiful atmosphere for your stay in Ensenada. Ensenada is a small city about 60 minutes south of Tijuana with views of the ocean and mountains. Because it’s smaller than other nearby cities like Cabo or Puerto Vallarta it has escaped some of the attention from tourists that those places have gotten. This can be good if you want to avoid the crowds and also bad if you want to find restaurants or bars to hang out at after an awesome day at the beach. If you are looking for hotels near attractions such as wine tasting, water parks, casinos, vineyards or golf then this isn’t the place for you. However, if you just want to relax by the pool or on your private balcony then this might just be your new favorite place!
What to Expect From Hotel Marea Vista
Marea Vista is a boutique hotel, so it has a smaller scale than a resort or convention center. Don’t expect a full casino, 7 restaurants, and a huge gym. Instead, you can expect a nice pool, a few bars and restaurants and a relaxed atmosphere. This hotel has a small beach, but it is very rocky and not great for swimming. The pool is much larger and has a bar. You can lounge in the sun and enjoy a frozen drink from the swim-up bar. There are 129 rooms, each with a private balcony or terrace. Also, each room has either a king size bed or two double beds. The rooms are decorated with a modern style and are fairly large for a hotel in Mexico. Some of the rooms have nice views of the bay.
Awards and Recognition
- Frommers Top 20 Hotels in Mexico
- Travel + Leisure's 500 World's Best Hotels
Best season to visit
The best time to visit Ensenada is between October and April. This is warm enough to be comfortable without being too hot or humid. The rainy season is between May and September and some areas get more rain than others. During the winter months, temperatures average 66 degrees Fahrenheit. During the summer, temperatures average 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rooms & Services Available
- Swimming Pool - The pool at Hotel Marea Vista is a good size for the number of guests staying there. It’s smaller than a big resort pool, but larger than many hotel pools. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the views. There are lounge chairs and umbrellas for shade. There is also a swim-up bar so you don’t have to get out of the water to get a drink!
- Beach - The beach at Hotel Marea Vista is small and rocky, so it isn’t the best place to swim. It’s still a great place to relax while you look out at the bay.
- Bars - There are 2 bars at Hotel Marea Vista. The first is located right next to the pool where you can get a drink while you sit in the sun or in the water. The second bar is located indoors on the ground floor of the hotel. This is a good place to get out of the sun if you want a break or to get warm again if you get chilled.
- Casino - There is a small casino at Hotel Marea Vista. It's not huge, but isn’t a small slot machine place either. There are a few Blackjack tables, a Roulette table and a Craps table. The minimum bet for Blackjack is $10 so it won’t cost you a fortune to play.
- The rooms are large for the price. Many hotels in Mexico have small rooms, but the Marea Vista has average sized rooms for the price.
- Hotel Marea Vista has a great location. It is close to the beach, but not so close that you can hear the parties on the beach at night. It’s also close to the main road so getting around isn’t too difficult.
- The staff at Hotel Marea Vista is friendly and helpful. They will make you feel welcome and try to make your stay memorable.
- The pool area at Hotel Marea Vista is nice. It’s large enough that you won’t be bumping into people or kids while you relax. The pool bar has plenty of seating, but you might want to get there early if you want a seat by the pool.
- The beach is not great for swimming. Although, it is a nice place to sit and relax.
- Hotel Marea Vista doesn’t have a lot of amenities. The casino is small, there isn’t a restaurant open for breakfast and the pool bar only serves light snacks.
- There is only wireless internet available in the lobby. If you plan to work from your room, you will have to go to the lobby to use the Wi-Fi.
Hotel Marea Vista is about a half hour drive from the Ensenada Airport. It’s about a 10-minute drive from downtown Ensenada.
Hotel Marea Vista is a nice hotel with a great location and friendly staff. The rooms are large and the pool area is comfortable. The beach is small and rocky, so it’s not great for swimming. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the views. If you want to be close to the action of Ensenada, this place isn’t for you. If you want to relax and enjoy the views, Hotel Marea Vista is a great option.