The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a magnificent holiday resort in Bali, Indonesia. The forest, filled with vibrant Indonesian flora and fauna, surrounds it, giving you the sensation of being one with nature. You’ll find this 7-star hotel close to Payangan, a town village to the North of Ubud.
The surrounding Balinese jungle lends a spectacular view, providing an avenue for stunning photographs. In the mornings, a light fog covers the area and makes it picturesque in its own way.
If you love nature, this resort will suit you!
Awards and Recognition
This luxury hotel has won numerous awards over the years. Here are some of the most prestigious.
- Seven Stars Award: This hotel won the world’s First Seven Star Boutique Hotel in 2016 at the 4th annual Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards.
- TripExpert’s Experts’ Choice Awards: In 2016, TripExpert awarded Hanging Gardens of Bali the Expert’s Choice Award.
- Luxury Travel Guide: The resort of Bali won Luxury Travel Guide’s award for Private Luxury Hotel in 2018.
- World Luxury Spa Awards: Hanging Gardens of Bali won the title of the Best Luxury Destination Spa at the World Luxury Spa Awards.
- World Luxury Restaurants Award: In 2019, this hotel won the prestigious prize of the Global Winner Luxury Boutique Resort Restaurant.
Best Season to Visit
Hanging Gardens of Bali welcomes the most guests during peak season. In Bali, the high season falls between July and August and Christmas and the New Year. This season tends to have the highest prices, and visitors will flood the hotel. You can book earlier if you want a good deal on rooms during this period.
April to October provides the best time for travelers to explore Bali. The weather is milder, and rain falls less. It also indicates you’ll find fewer bugs and insects buzzing around. Since these months fall outside the peak season, you should expect smaller crowds, and hotel boarding costs might be less.
Rooms & Services Available
Amenities in Hanging Gardens of Bali
Here are some amenities to expect in the Hanging Gardens of Bali.
- Gorgeous Rooms: This hotel has 44 private suites and villas, each with its breathtaking panorama of the lush green wilderness. Rooms come with private pools, four-poster beds, sun-lounge terraces, huge bathrooms, and jacuzzis.
- Beautiful Location: The hotel’s secluded location makes it a romantic and serene setting. It’s an ideal travel spot if you love nature and a hideaway from large crowds. Playful monkeys roam outside and will entertain you.
- Wine and Dine: The restaurant serves a gourmet breakfast with fresh juice, baked food, pancakes, and eggs. World-class chefs prepare all other meals using locally sourced and imported produce. The Garden Bar also offers a vast range of cocktails and wine.
- World-renowned Pool: The infinity pool is one of the highlights of this luxury hotel. The two-tiered pool sits at the center of the property and features a dramatic suspension over the jungle below.
- Calming Spa: The spa is further down the valley. You can get massages, facials, and rejuvenating body treatments.
How to Get to the Hanging Gardens of Bali
Hanging Gardens of Bali’s location is remote and secluded. It’s a few miles from Ubud town, but you can reach it easily with the hotel’s free shuttle. The shuttle moves daily and spends about 90 minutes before arriving at the hotel.
From the hotel’s lobby, you descend, via the funicular, to the resort’s main grounds and facilities.
If you need further convincing, here are some reasons Hanging Gardens of Bali is well-loved.
- The hotel features a unique two-tiered pool. Its lip juts over the valley, providing fantastic views.
- The hotel’s rooms have lots of open space and breathtaking views of the surrounding rainforest.
- The hotel’s location is peaceful and serene, perfect for a quiet holiday.
- The spa provides rejuvenating full-body treatments.
- Hanging Gardens of Bali boasts of welcoming and helpful staff.
- The romantic feel of the hotel’s location makes it ideal for a lovers’ getaway or honeymoon. You can enjoy evening dinners in the open air with a loved one.
- You’ll get access to free Wi-Fi and a free shuttle service to Ubud.
We’re proud to admit that for this lovely location, the pros heavily outweigh the cons. But here are some disappointing details which might take away from the experience. Luckily, they don’t have such marginal effects on your overall stay at the hotel.
- You have to expect mosquitoes and other insects. The rainforest and jungle setting creates a breeding ground for bugs, which can quickly fly into your room. Go along with insect repellents to protect your skin.
- The evening shuttle to Ubud doesn’t move in the evening. But you can work around this by going earlier in the day.
- The restaurant’s meals are pricey, and visitors have mixed reviews of their quality.
You’ll get an unforgettable holiday if you stay at the Hanging Gardens of Bali. The people are welcoming, and the hotel provides a peaceful and calm aura. The tranquil rainforest setting, the playful roaming monkeys, the infinity pool, and the soulful spa combine to create a cherished core memory. You’ll want to return once again and be surrounded by that quiet luxury once more.