Halibut Hotel La Romana is located in the town of La Romana, about an hour and a half drive from Santo Domingo. The town is known for its sugar mills and plantations, which are some of the oldest in the Dominican Republic. This beautiful hotel is aptly named after the local fish, but it also offers guests a slice of paradise. If you love fishing, golfing, horseback riding, or just being around waterfalls, streams, and lakes with hiking trails through them...then look no further! That’s right: Halibut Hotel La Romana has all that and more. Here are some things you should know before booking a stay at this one-of-a-kind resort:
What to Expect at Halibut Hotel La Romana
Halibut Hotel La Romana sits on a beautiful stretch of the Caribbean Sea. From its beachfront location, you can see the Caribbean islands of Curaçao, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic’s own Cabarete. This is a great place to lounge around, get some snorkeling in, or head out on a fishing excursion. You’re sure to catch some large fish, thanks to the nearby reefs. Halibut Hotel La Romana has two freshwater swimming pools, multiple gardens and a greenhouse for guests to explore and enjoy. You can also take advantage of the hotel’s tennis courts, or spend a day on the golf course designed by the world-renowned architect, Gil Hanse, who also designed the Olympic Golf Course in Rio de Janeiro. You can also visit one of the nearby town’s cultural landmarks, or take a day trip to the world-famous historical cities of Santo Domingo or Santiago de los Caballeros.
Awards and Recogniton
This resort has received a number of awards and recognition for its high standards and personalized service. Halibut Hotel La Romana was named the “Best Hotel in the Caribbean” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, and the “#1 Hotel in the Caribbean” by Conde Nast Traveller’s Readers Choice Awards. Halibut Hotel La Romana has also been recognized by TripAdvisor as one of the top 10 hotels in the Caribbean, and received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2018.
Best season to visit
A lot of people wonder what the best time to visit Halibut Hotel La Romana is, so we looked at the data and concluded that the best times to visit are from June to October. The temperatures range from a low of 24 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit) to a high of 32 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit) during this time frame. Halibut Hotel La Romana is located near the southern tip of the Caribbean, so this region is warm year-round. The weather during the winter months is usually sunny and dry. The summer months, however, are much more humid, though the average temperatures are cooler.
Rooms & Services Available
- Two freshwater swimming pools - There is one large pool with a swim-up bar, and a smaller pool for children.
- Two on-site restaurants - Guests can choose from a selection of cuisines.
- Fitness centre - The fitness centre offers free classes and equipment, and there is also an in-house massage therapist.
- On-site spa - The spa offers a variety of massages, facials, and other treatments.
Pros of staying at the Halibut Hotel
- Excellent service - The staff is extremely attentive and helpful, and they go above and beyond for their guests.
- Great food - The chefs will cater to you and your dietary needs, whether you’re a vegan or just have a specific taste in mind.
- Beautiful rooms - The rooms are spacious, with plenty of natural light, and they look out onto the ocean.
- Spa and wellness centre - The spa and wellness centre offers a variety of treatments and massages, and they are always working with guests to create new experiences.
- Water sports - There is a pool that is ideal for water sports like paddle boarding, kayaking, and water skiing.
Cons of staying at the Halibut Hotel
- It’s a very large resort - If you’re looking for a smaller, more intimate experience, then this could be a negative.
- It is a bit far from the capital - If you want to see the city and visit other attractions, this is not the best place to stay.
If you are flying into the Dominican Republic, we recommend flying into the Las Americas International Airport. From there, you can take a taxi or a rental car to the resort, which takes about one and a half hours. If you are taking a cruise, we recommend booking a private tour to the resort. This way, you can bypass the long line at Customs and get to the resort quickly and efficiently.
If you want to experience a luxury vacation in the Caribbean, the Halibut Hotel La Romana is the perfect place for you. Located on a beautiful stretch of the coastline and surrounded by beautiful gardens and water sports, this resort offers a wide variety of activities for all types of travellers. Guests can choose from a selection of cuisines, relax at one of the two freshwater swimming pools, or spend a day on the golf course designed by the world-renowned architect, Gil Hanse.